The UK's family-friendly fantasy drama "Merlin," about the legendary wizard and a young King Arthur, will end after the fifth season. BBC One has confirmed that Series 5 will bring the show to a "natural and dramatic end" with a two-part finale set to air in the UK at Christmas.
For American viewers, the fifth season premieres Friday, Jan. 4 at 10 p.m. Est on SyFy. According to a press release, the decision to conclude the series was made by co-creators and executive producers Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy, not by the network.
In a statement, Capps and Murphy write, "This is the series where the storylines truly reach their apex. We always felt the story of the legend was best told across five series, leading to a spectacular finale that draws on the best known elements of this much-loved story and brings to a conclusion the battle for Camelot."
They continue, »
Similar News ItemsKing Arthur (2004)
- The Maze Runner Writer Will Script Divergent Threequel Allegiant – Part 1 (From We Got This Covered. 9 July 2014, 1:33 PM, PDT)
- How Antoine Fuqua and Denzel Washington Re-Teamed For ‘The Equalizer’ (From Screen Rant. 19 June 2014, 6:20 PM, PDT)
- 9 Shows To Try Out While 'Game of Thrones' Isn't On (Video) (From Moviefone. 16 June 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg Is ‘The Six Million Dollar Man’? (From The Hollywood News. 8 July 2014, 1:10 AM, PDT)
- Rush's Tom Ellis: 5 Things to Know About USA's Sexy New Star (From Us Weekly. 7 July 2014, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- Female-led World War II drama Jambusters for ITV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 July 2014, 4:47 AM, PDT)
Katie McGrath (I)
- "Jurassic World 3D" : Raptors In Your Face (From SneakPeek. 9 July 2014, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Check Out A Velociraptor From Jurassic World (From We Got This Covered. 8 July 2014, 7:16 AM, PDT)
- Jurassic World: Possible First Look At Raptor (From ComicBookMovie. 7 July 2014, 12:29 PM, PDT)