The howls of outrage over the wretchedness of Liz & Dick, the Taylor-Burton biopic that aired on Lifetime on Sunday night, missed a larger point. Substitute the name Lindsay for Liz – but keep the cigarettes, the booze, the shades, the shaky poses, the pouting and the paparazzi – and it became the life story of a different actress. No acting necessary: the movie was a credible rendering of the Lindsay Lohan story. She could recite the lines straight; they had their own veritas.
"Apparently I was very cool," said Lohan/Liz, retrospectively, at the start of the two-hour movie in a voice that sounded like a full ashtray at 3am.
As in real life, while Lohan's interactions with her romantic lead seemed fake and staged, she sparkled when the paparazzi were around. "Call yourselves journalists? »
- Emma G Keller
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- Lindsay Lohan Teases Her Return to The Big Screen With Trippy Movie Poster (From Entertainment Tonight. 3 December 2016, 9:49 AM, PST)
- Star Sightings: Justin Bieber Hits the Streets in London, Katie Holmes Stays Warm in NYC and More! (From Entertainment Tonight. 1 December 2016, 7:14 PM, PST)
- Kelly Ripa Gives Update on 'Live!' Co-Host Search, Calls Anderson Cooper 'The One That Got Away' (From Entertainment Tonight. 1 December 2016, 6:07 AM, PST)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- David Arquette on His ‘Hero’ Wife: ‘Being Pregnant’ While Our Son Is in His ‘Terrible Twos’ Is Hard (From PEOPLE.com. 2 December 2016, 11:30 AM, PST)
- Whoopi Goldberg Brought to Tears By Moving Tribute for Work with Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation (From PEOPLE.com. 2 December 2016, 8:05 AM, PST)
- Jaime Pressly Shares the Poignant Story of Discovering Her Late Uncle’s AIDS Diagnosis (From PEOPLE.com. 2 December 2016, 7:33 AM, PST)
Richard Burton (I)
- Film Review: ‘Incarnate’ (From Variety - Film News. 1 December 2016, 11:56 PM, PST)
- In Jackie, Natalie Portman Is Tremendous as a First Lady Thrown into Her Second Act (From PEOPLE.com. 1 December 2016, 7:29 AM, PST)
- 'Jackie' Review: Natalie Portman Turns Offbeat Biopic Into Major Oscar Contender (From Rolling Stone. 30 November 2016, 7:26 AM, PST)