The howls of outrage over the wretchedness of Liz & Dick, the Taylor-Burton biopic that aired on Lifetime on Sunday night, missed a larger point. Substitute the name Lindsay for Liz – but keep the cigarettes, the booze, the shades, the shaky poses, the pouting and the paparazzi – and it became the life story of a different actress. No acting necessary: the movie was a credible rendering of the Lindsay Lohan story. She could recite the lines straight; they had their own veritas.
"Apparently I was very cool," said Lohan/Liz, retrospectively, at the start of the two-hour movie in a voice that sounded like a full ashtray at 3am.
As in real life, while Lohan's interactions with her romantic lead seemed fake and staged, she sparkled when the paparazzi were around. "Call yourselves journalists? »
- Emma G Keller
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- First Dibs: Why Is Paris Hilton Going To War With Lindsay Lohan? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 8 December 2013, 4:45 AM, PST)
- Don't mess with my family: Paris Hilton warns Lindsay (From RealBollywood. 7 December 2013, 11:28 PM, PST)
- LiLo flees hotel after cops enquire about Hilton's 'bother bashing' (From RealBollywood. 7 December 2013, 10:27 PM, PST)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Lilo As Liz? Nicole As Grace? Let’s Look Back At The Worst Biopic Castings, Ever (From TheFabLife - Movies. 5 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Season 10 Of Cinema Retro Is Here! Subscribe Or Renew Today! (From CinemaRetro. 5 December 2013, 8:30 AM, PST)
- Kanye West commissions Warhol portrait for Kim Kardashian - See the painting (From Pop2it. 3 December 2013, 2:03 PM, PST)
Richard Burton (I)
- A Conversation with Jeff Wayne (From Shadowlocked. 27 November 2013, 10:53 PM, PST)
- Trailers from Hell: Dan Ireland on 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?,' Starring Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton with Gloves Off (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 November 2013, 11:05 AM, PST)
- Imogen Poots Finds Beautiful Ruins (From EmpireOnline. 17 November 2013, 9:35 AM, PST)