“Sins & Secrets” traveled back to 1997, and the true story of a Texas man who killed his millionaire girlfriend. But he didn't do it for the money. In fact, he donated her fortune to charity.
When no one had seen Marjorie Nugent for several months, her mortician boyfriend, Bernie Tiede, claimed she had been kidnapped. But after investigators found Nugent’s body in a freezer, Tiede confessed to her murder. He said her slave-driving habits pushed him to shoot her in the back -- four times.
According to the narration, “Marjorie demanded Bernie comb her hair, clip her toenails. She even made him pluck the grey hairs from her chin.”
Nugent’s body lay undiscovered in the freezer for 9 months, during which Tiede donated about $3 million to local charities. But regardless of his motivation or suffering, Tiede was sentenced to life in prison.
The story has also been turned into the 2011 controversial dark comedy "Bernie, »
- Jason Hughes
Similar News ItemsJack Black (I)
- Andrew Lloyd Webber's School of Rock musical announces premiere (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 December 2014, 11:34 AM, PST)
- 'School of Rock' Taking Enrollments on Broadway (From The Hollywood Reporter. 18 December 2014, 10:06 AM, PST)
- Andrew Lloyd Webber Will Bring ‘School of Rock’ Musical To Broadway (From Deadline New York. 18 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Richard Linklater on Boyhood: 'Resentment kind of motivates the world' (From The Guardian - Film News. 11 December 2014, 11:30 PM, PST)
- El Rey Network Cancels Matador (From We Got This Covered. 30 November 2014, 11:45 AM, PST)
- Visionary: Richard Linklater to Receive Big Palm Springs International Film Festival Award (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 November 2014, 9:16 AM, PST)