London, Nov mber 26: Veteran actress Dinah Sheridan, who appeared in classic British films including 'The Railway Children' and 'Genevieve', died peacefully at her home in Northwood, Middlesex, on Sunday. She was 92.
According to her agent the actress was surrounded by her family at the time she died.
Born Dinah Mec to a German mother and Russian father in 1920, she picked the name Sheridan out of the phone book.
Her birth name was pronounced "mess" and she did not want to give newspaper critics any ammunition, she said.
Sheridan landed her first film role at the age of 15 but put her acting career on hold. »
- Lohit Reddy
Similar News ItemsThe Railway Children (1970)
- Jenny Agutter: ‘I’m not that young woman people have fantasised about’ (From The Guardian - Film News. 16 April 2015, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- DVD Review: "Baxter!" (1973) Starring Scott Jacoby, Patricia Neal And Britt Ekland (From CinemaRetro. 30 September 2014, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Jenny Agutter: My family values (From The Guardian - TV News. 22 August 2014, 4:59 AM, PDT)
- Watch the First Clip from 'The Knick' Season 2 (From MovieWeb. 14 October 2015, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Micallef, Pickering, Anna Karenina in ABC's 2015 line-up (From IF.com.au. 11 November 2014, 8:52 PM, PST)
- Which is the greatest British film in history? No one seems to be in agreement (From Alt Film Guide. 11 October 2014, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- Christmas TV movie guide: Monday, December 22 - Narnia, Cinderella (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Christmas TV movie guide: Monday, December 22 - Narnia, Cinderella (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- 'Railway Children' gets first BBFC complaint after 42 years (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 11 July 2013, 1:07 PM, PDT)