London, Nov mber 26: Veteran actress Dinah Sheridan, who appeared in classic British films including 'The Railway Children' and 'Genevieve', died peacefully at her home in Northwood, Middlesex, on Sunday. She was 92.
According to her agent the actress was surrounded by her family at the time she died.
Born Dinah Mec to a German mother and Russian father in 1920, she picked the name Sheridan out of the phone book.
Her birth name was pronounced "mess" and she did not want to give newspaper critics any ammunition, she said.
Sheridan landed her first film role at the age of 15 but put her acting career on hold. »
- Lohit Reddy
Similar News ItemsThe Railway Children (1970)
- Studiocanal Inks Image Deal with Media Storehouse (From Variety - Film News. 9 January 2014, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Letters: Joy of being railway children for real (From The Guardian - Film News. 13 July 2013, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Yes, The Railway Children must be censored. As must Toy Story | Paul MacInnes (From The Guardian - Film News. 12 July 2013, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive Chat with Ken Foree from the Set of The Divine Tragedies (From Dread Central. 20 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Indie Spotlight (From DailyDead. 2 March 2014, 11:26 AM, PST)
- Indie News Bits: Gravedigger, From Above, Escaping the Dead, Jersey Devil, and More! (From Cinelinx. 28 January 2014, 8:17 AM, PST)
- 'Railway Children' gets first BBFC complaint after 42 years (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 11 July 2013, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- How we made: The Railway Children (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 May 2013, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- Doctor Who in 2012: A year in review (From Shadowlocked. 18 December 2012, 12:43 PM, PST)