British broadcaster ITV announced that cross-continental hit Downton Abbey has been renewed for a fourth season.
Season three of the Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning drama hasn’t yet premiered in the United States, but has aired in the UK (and garnered its best ratings yet). PBS will debut season three on Jan. 6. Season four will start shooting in February and will bow in the UK in the fall.
According to ITV, the fourth season will continue the story of the Crawley family and their servants in the early 1920s, with feature-length episodes for the premiere and finale. “Viewers can look forward to more drama, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- 'Moon Dogs' begins Scotland shoot (From ScreenDaily. 28 July 2015, 5:03 AM, PDT)
- ITV Half-Year Earnings Rise Amid Dip In UK Viewing; ITV Studios Profits Up 18% (From Deadline TV. 28 July 2015, 12:41 AM, PDT)
- As TV Landscape Becomes More Complex, Emmy Nominations’ Snubs Come With the Territory (From Variety - TV News. 27 July 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Dan Stevens (IV)
- 'The Guest' Writer Simon Barrett Has a New Japan-Set Horror Project (From Thompson on Hollywood. 27 July 2015, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Win goodies from The Legend of Barney Thomson (From HeyUGuys. 27 July 2015, 2:11 AM, PDT)
- What's New on TV, Netflix, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: July 20-26 (From Moviefone. 20 July 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)