"We had an entire budget just to re-create jewelry," Perez tells Zap2it. "We needed to have the Taylor-Burton diamond, which he gave to her as a ring and was made into a necklace, so those two pieces, the Krupp diamond and La Peregrina pearl."
Taylor's diamonds, hair and cleavage all play a large role in her iconic style, but it is the balance she struck between elegance and extravagance that sets her apart.
"There are so many photos of her, and her look was effortless and fabulous," Perez says. "She took something very simple, and it was the way she carried herself that made it spectacular.
"She was bold and fearless," he continues. "You see her in lace fitted T-shirt and »
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- Barron Hilton -- Goes Radio Silent with Police Investigating Attack (From TMZ. 10 December 2013, 4:59 AM, PST)
- Lindsay Lohan -- Booted From Beatdown Party ... Renter Says 'It Was Her Fault' (From TMZ. 10 December 2013, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Best & Worst 2013: TV’s Biggest Winners and Losers of the Year (From The Wrap. 9 December 2013, 3:47 PM, PST)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Kim Kardashian Mimics Elizabeth Taylor in Selfie With Ring, Towel on Her Head (From Us Weekly. 10 December 2013, 2:07 AM, PST)
- Hayden Panettiere's Greek Tragedy Gown: Gotta Have It or Make It Stop? (From E! Online. 9 December 2013, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Lilo As Liz? Nicole As Grace? Let’s Look Back At The Worst Biopic Castings, Ever (From TheFabLife - Movies. 5 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)
Richard Burton (I)
- Kim Kardashian Channels Elizabeth Taylor In New Selfie (From HollywoodLife. 10 December 2013, 6:45 AM, PST)
- A Conversation with Jeff Wayne (From Shadowlocked. 27 November 2013, 10:53 PM, PST)
- Trailers from Hell: Dan Ireland on 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?,' Starring Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton with Gloves Off (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 November 2013, 11:05 AM, PST)