"We had an entire budget just to re-create jewelry," Perez tells Zap2it. "We needed to have the Taylor-Burton diamond, which he gave to her as a ring and was made into a necklace, so those two pieces, the Krupp diamond and La Peregrina pearl."
Taylor's diamonds, hair and cleavage all play a large role in her iconic style, but it is the balance she struck between elegance and extravagance that sets her apart.
"There are so many photos of her, and her look was effortless and fabulous," Perez says. "She took something very simple, and it was the way she carried herself that made it spectacular.
"She was bold and fearless," he continues. "You see her in lace fitted T-shirt and »
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- Lindsay Lohan Legal Woes - Can Oprah Winfrey Get Actress Back on Track? (From National Ledger. 9 March 2014, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- Cute Pairs Star in This Week's Can't-Miss Shots! (From Popsugar. 8 March 2014, 5:44 AM, PST)
- LiLo hints at 'Mean Girls' reunion (From RealBollywood. 8 March 2014, 12:52 AM, PST)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- AFI Award Winner and One of Australia's Top Actresses Has Died: Wendy Hughes (From Alt Film Guide. 8 March 2014, 5:59 PM, PST)
- Leonardo DiCaprio's Biggest Fan in Palm Springs? The Mayor Himself (From PEOPLE.com. 7 March 2014, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Elizabeth Taylor -- Gay Bar War Over Shrine Portrait (From TMZ. 6 March 2014, 12:20 AM, PST)
Richard Burton (I)
- Actor Rhys Ifans and Dan Macmillan on their enduring friendship (From The Guardian - Film News. 8 March 2014, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Top 200 Most Anticipated Films for 2014: #62. Todd Field’s Beautiful Ruins (From ioncinema. 26 February 2014, 5:30 AM, PST)
- 10 Days Til Oscar. Sigh and Think of Paul Newman. (From FilmExperience. 20 February 2014, 1:36 PM, PST)