To have a Manhattan apartment like those in The Drake just might take a deal with the devil.
The exquisite building on ABC's "666 Park Avenue" is the sort that lines the gracious, monied boulevard. The set, however, is in an industrial strip in Brooklyn on the edge of Williamsburg, the part where hipsters don't yet live.
Here, in an old Schaefer beer factory, the sets still smelled new before Hurricane Sandy. Though production had stopped, as just about everything else did in New York, it was scheduled to resume Tuesday, Nov. 6, despite unspecified damage to the set.
The art deco lobby to the fictional building, which certainly seems to be a portal to hell on the show, is sweeping and elegant, with mirrored tables and the sort of polished black and white floors that Fred Astaire would glide across.
When the action switches to the basement, the show moves to a church in Harlem. »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- 14 things we learned from the 'Lost' PaleyFest Panel (From Hitfix. 17 March 2014, 2:40 AM, PDT)
- Hannibal Season 2 - Episode 2 Review (From Flickeringmyth. 17 March 2014, 12:14 AM, PDT)
- 'Lost' Showrunners on Killing Off Characters, the Polarizing Finale and More Unanswered Questions (From The Hollywood Reporter. 16 March 2014, 11:11 PM, PDT)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' premiere: Crossover is the word (From EW.com - PopWatch. 14 March 2014, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Captain America 3 to go head to head with Batman Vs Superman (From Den of Geek. 13 March 2014, 11:55 PM, PDT)
- Should Marvel Make a Solo Black Widow Movie? (From Worst Previews. 13 March 2014, 3:36 PM, PDT)
"Desperate Housewives" (2004)
- Eva Longoria Has a Game of Thrones Crush - Who Is It? (From PEOPLE.com. 15 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Matthew Perry's ‘Odd Couple’ Pilot Casts Thomas Lennon as Felix (From The Wrap. 13 March 2014, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- Anne Sweeney’s Legacy: Her Hits, Misses & Contribution To Breaking The Glass Ceiling (From Deadline TV. 11 March 2014, 7:58 PM, PDT)