London — The Rolling Stones made a triumphant return to the London stage on Sunday night in the first of five concerts to mark the 50th anniversary of their debut as an American-oriented blues band.
They showed no signs of wear and tear – except on their aging, heavily lined faces – as frontman Mick Jagger swaggered and strutted through a stellar two-and-a-half hour show. He looked remarkably trim and fit and was in top vocal form.
The Stones passed the half-century mark in style at the sometimes emotional gig that saw former bassist Bill Wyman and guitar master Mick Taylor join their old mates in front of a packed crowd at London's 02 Arena.
It was the first of five mega-shows to mark the passage of 50 years since the band first appeared in a small London pub determined to pay homage to the masters of American blues.
Jagger, in skin-tight black pants, a »
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Best of the Week: 'Ant-Man' First Look, 'Goonies' Action Figures, Adult Comic Book Movies and More (From Movies.com. 22 August 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Jon Hamm denies rumours linking him to Marvel’s Doctor Strange (From Flickeringmyth. 22 August 2014, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Not Mad At Chris Martin + Jennifer Lawrence Hook Up, Donald Sterling Gets Outed + More of Today’s First Dibs (From VH1.com. 22 August 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- What to Watch: Tonight's TV Picks - Celebrity Bb, Reading Festival (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 August 2014, 4:03 AM, PDT)
- Paul Giamatti Joins N.W.A. Biopic 'Straight Outta Compton' (From MovieWeb. 18 August 2014, 1:19 PM, PDT)
- Paul Giamatti Joins Straight Outta Compton as Nwa Manager Jerry Heller (From Collider.com. 18 August 2014, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- Friday News: McGann, Hines, The Pandorica and a Tour Around Glasgow! (From Kasterborous. 21 August 2014, 7:24 PM, PDT)
- 10 Questions We Have for the Updated 'SNL' Oral History (From Hitfix. 20 August 2014, 5:35 PM, PDT)
- The Story Behind Michael Jackson's New Video (From PEOPLE.com. 15 August 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)