London — The Rolling Stones made a triumphant return to the London stage on Sunday night in the first of five concerts to mark the 50th anniversary of their debut as an American-oriented blues band.
They showed no signs of wear and tear – except on their aging, heavily lined faces – as frontman Mick Jagger swaggered and strutted through a stellar two-and-a-half hour show. He looked remarkably trim and fit and was in top vocal form.
The Stones passed the half-century mark in style at the sometimes emotional gig that saw former bassist Bill Wyman and guitar master Mick Taylor join their old mates in front of a packed crowd at London's 02 Arena.
It was the first of five mega-shows to mark the passage of 50 years since the band first appeared in a small London pub determined to pay homage to the masters of American blues.
Jagger, in skin-tight black pants, a »
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Watch: Famous Actors Who Got Their Big Breaks in Bad Horror Movies (From Movies.com. 31 October 2014, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- The 31 Best Action Movies on Netflix Right Now (From Moviefone. 31 October 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Amy Adams, Ben Affleck, Benedict Cumberbatch, Robert Downey Jr., Jonah Hill, Keira Knightley and Kristen Stewart to appear on the Hollywood Film Awards November 14th on CBS (From Hollywoodnews.com. 30 October 2014, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Elton John Praises Pope Francis, Honors Andrew Cuomo at AIDS Foundation Benefit (From The Hollywood Reporter. 29 October 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Benched' premiere react: Happy ending for Eliza Coupe (From EW.com - Inside TV. 28 October 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Gets a Voice Star to Drop the Guitar, and He Shines (From PEOPLE.com. 28 October 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- James Brown's New Doc: 9 Things We Learned From 'Mr. Dynamite' (From Rolling Stone. 28 October 2014, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- Premiering Tonight on HBO: 'Mr. Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown' (Watch Trailer + Clip) (From ShadowAndAct. 27 October 2014, 10:44 AM, PDT)
- TV Review: ‘Mr. Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown’ (From Variety - TV News. 26 October 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)