There's only one thing that Americans enjoy more than turkey, and that's stuffing themselves into movie theaters on Thanksgiving, as according to Film.com, "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" helped power the highest grossing five-day weekend in film history.
And "Breaking Dawn's" $64 million was just part of the story, as "Skyfall" ($51 million) and "Lincoln" ($34.1 million) both raked in the cash as well, allowing those three films to finish 1-2-3 at the box office for the second weekend in a row.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Robert Pattinson's Sex-Filled Trailer Debuts! (From Access Hollywood. 15 April 2014, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire,' Jennifer Lawrence top MTV Movie Awards winners (From Gold Derby. 13 April 2014, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Rio 2′ Flies Past ‘Captain America’ on Friday (From Variety - Film News. 12 April 2014, 8:09 AM, PDT)
Life of Pi (2012)
- Qed Buys ‘Yellowstone Falls’; 52-Page Spec About Wolves Battling Mutated Humans (From Deadline New York. 14 April 2014, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- Jackie Chan, Irrfan Khan and Norah Jones among those honoured at the Fourth Annual Asian Awards (From Bollyspice. 13 April 2014, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- Enter Disney’s Million Dollar Arm Pitching Contest To Win A Million Dollars (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 12 April 2014, 5:43 AM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012)
- In The Blood: Raven Banner Gets A Stranglehold On Canadian Rights (From Twitch. 3 April 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Batman vs. Superman, Gotham, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and more (From Flickeringmyth. 30 March 2014, 11:02 PM, PDT)
- Patrick Brennan cast as Blackout in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (From Flickeringmyth. 28 March 2014, 3:43 PM, PDT)