There's only one thing that Americans enjoy more than turkey, and that's stuffing themselves into movie theaters on Thanksgiving, as according to Film.com, "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" helped power the highest grossing five-day weekend in film history.
And "Breaking Dawn's" $64 million was just part of the story, as "Skyfall" ($51 million) and "Lincoln" ($34.1 million) both raked in the cash as well, allowing those three films to finish 1-2-3 at the box office for the second weekend in a row.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Dumbo to Fly Again (From kidspickflicks. 11 July 2014, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- The Academy Invites 271 New Members for 2014 (From Rope Of Silicon. 26 June 2014, 12:44 PM, PDT)
- 271 Invited To Join The Academy (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 June 2014, 12:13 PM, PDT)
Life of Pi (2012)
- Top Five Tigers in Film (From Flickeringmyth. 29 July 2014, 6:19 AM, PDT)
- Taiwan Film Institute Launched (From Variety - Film News. 29 July 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Disney’s The Jungle Book Adds Giancarlo Esposito And Christopher Walken (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2014, 8:31 PM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012)
- In The Blood: Raven Banner Gets A Stranglehold On Canadian Rights (From Twitch. 3 April 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Batman vs. Superman, Gotham, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and more (From Flickeringmyth. 30 March 2014, 11:02 PM, PDT)
- Patrick Brennan cast as Blackout in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (From Flickeringmyth. 28 March 2014, 3:43 PM, PDT)