There's only one thing that Americans enjoy more than turkey, and that's stuffing themselves into movie theaters on Thanksgiving, as according to Film.com, "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" helped power the highest grossing five-day weekend in film history.
And "Breaking Dawn's" $64 million was just part of the story, as "Skyfall" ($51 million) and "Lincoln" ($34.1 million) both raked in the cash as well, allowing those three films to finish 1-2-3 at the box office for the second weekend in a row.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Movie Review – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2014, 12:09 PM, PST)
- When Will It Stop? Enough With the Two-Part Finale Quadrilogy Fad (From FirstShowing.net. 26 November 2014, 2:22 PM, PST)
- Movie Review: The Hunger Games: Mockingly - Part 1 (From Cinelinx. 25 November 2014, 5:38 PM, PST)
Life of Pi (2012)
- When Adil Hussain Repaired Sunny Deol’s Punctured Tire (From Bollyspice. 27 November 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Toronto Film Festival Often the Sweet Spot for Awards Timing (From Variety - Film News. 27 November 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' Race Controversy (From MovieWeb. 26 November 2014, 7:46 PM, PST)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012)
- 'Mockingjay' Earns Biggest Box Office Opening of 2014 with $55M (From MovieWeb. 22 November 2014, 9:59 AM, PST)
- Twilight Is Returning! Which Characters Do You Hope to See Again? (From BuzzSugar. 1 October 2014, 2:56 PM, PDT)
- Movie News: More 'Twilight' Coming; New 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' Trailer Looks Spectacular (From Movies.com. 1 October 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)