When Larry Hagman died yesterday, the cast and crew of TNT's Dallas series had finished filming six of the 15 episodes that had been ordered for the second season. He was scheduled to shoot more scenes this week and his demise reportedly came as a shock to many of those on the show.
A statement from TNT reads, "All of us at TNT are deeply saddened at the news of Larry Hagman's passing. He was a wonderful human being and an extremely gifted actor. We will be forever thankful that a whole new generation of people got to know and appreciate Larry through his performance as J.R. Ewing. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this very difficult time."
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- Dick Van Patten, ‘Eight Is Enough’ and ‘Love Boat’ Star, Dies at 86 (From Variety - TV News. 23 June 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Dick Van Patten, ‘Eight Is Enough’ Star, Dies at 86 (From Variety - Film News. 23 June 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Is this the worst Pointless answer ever? Watch this contestant's hilarious mix-up (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 May 2015, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- Cynthia Cidre Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios (From Deadline TV. 30 June 2015, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- Cynthia Cidre Joins ABC Drama ‘Oil’ As Executive Producer As Show Tweaks Title (From Deadline TV. 1 June 2015, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- Dallas: TNT Show Staying Cancelled (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 November 2014, 2:53 PM, PST)
Michael M. Robin
- Major Crimes Season Three DVD Giveaway (From AreYouScreening. 12 May 2015, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Joy Bryant To Co-Star In ABC Pilot ‘The Advocate'; Coby Bell Also Cast (From Deadline TV. 6 March 2015, 7:52 PM, PST)
- ’24’ Alum Kim Raver to Star in ABC Drama ‘The Advocate’ (From Variety - TV News. 28 February 2015, 3:23 PM, PST)