What made film-maker Judd Apatow want to be be funny? Or inspired novelist Stephenie Meyer to create a world of vampires? In My Ideal Bookshelf, more than 100 writers and other cultural figures were asked to share the literary journeys that helped them realise their ambitions and find success. Here are four
• What would your 'ideal bookshelf' be, and why?
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, novelist: 'All my characters drank ginger beer'
I grew up in a university town in Nigeria. I was an early reader and, what I read as a young child, were mostly British and American books. I was also an early writer. And when I began to write, at about the age of seven – stories in pencil with crayon illustrations, which my poor mother was obligated to read – I wrote exactly the kinds of stories I was reading.
All my characters were white and drank ginger beer, because the »
Similar News ItemsThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Veteran Executive Julie Fontaine to Head Netflix Film Publicity (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 June 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Rami Malek ('Mr. Robot') (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 19 June 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Rami Malek ('Mr. Robot') (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 19 June 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
Stephen King (I)
- Promo and images for The Mist Season 1 Episode 2 – ‘The Mist’ (From Flickeringmyth. 23 June 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- The Last Horror Blog: 'The Dark Tower' Is a Sequel, Plus: What's New in Theaters and at Home (From Movies.com. 23 June 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Read Stephen King’s 1982 Review that Saved ‘The Evil Dead’ (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 23 June 2017, 11:18 AM, PDT)
Owen Wilson (I)
- Video Movie Review: Cars 3 (2017): Well…At Least It’s Better Than Cars 2 (From Film-Book. 23 June 2017, 7:53 PM, PDT)
- Learn how to draw Lightning McQueen from Cars 3 with Pixar's John Hoffman (From Cineplex. 23 June 2017, 1:39 PM, PDT)
- Nathan Fillion talks being Canadian and his voice role in Cars 3! (From Cineplex. 20 June 2017, 2:38 PM, PDT)