For a Good Time, Call… is the perfect type of comedy to roll out in an overpopulated summer market or a stuffy fall downfall. It slipped into a limited amount of theaters and gathered enough positive word-of-mouth to expand and build up a respectable name.
The film isn’t the funniest or most clever thing you’ve seen all year, but it hits certain notes flawlessly and others with attempted heart. What works best is the engaging chemistry between actresses Ari Graynor and Lauren Anne Miller. Also, knowing that it is director Jamie Travis’ first feature is reassuring, because he does a fantastic job making the small film feel big and broad, despite its compact and remote setting.
Universal will be »
- Jeremy Lebens
Similar News ItemsJustin Long (I)
- Long Out, Captain America In on The Ten O'Clock People? (From shocktillyoudrop. 19 May 2013, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- Chris Evans Circling Stephen King’s ‘The Ten O’Clock People’ (From Deadline New York. 19 May 2013, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2013 Acquisitions & Deals: Volume 1 (From Dark Horizons. 17 May 2013, 8:50 AM, PDT)
Universal Studios [us]
- 'Seduced and Abandoned' (2013) Movie Review - Cannes Film Festival (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 May 2013, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Hobs Pit' Dark Ride Opening in the UK This Summer (From FEARnet. 14 May 2013, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- 'The Mindy Project' Season 1 finale: 'We are not at the point ... where we're murdering characters yet' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 14 May 2013, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- #Hilarious (From Huffington Post. 8 May 2013, 4:44 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca 2013: Top Awards Announced for World Competitions (From SoundOnSight. 26 April 2013, 4:54 AM, PDT)
- Cameron Diaz Is Making A 'Sex Tape' With Jason Segel (From The Playlist. 19 April 2013, 1:56 PM, PDT)