For a Good Time, Call… is the perfect type of comedy to roll out in an overpopulated summer market or a stuffy fall downfall. It slipped into a limited amount of theaters and gathered enough positive word-of-mouth to expand and build up a respectable name.
The film isn’t the funniest or most clever thing you’ve seen all year, but it hits certain notes flawlessly and others with attempted heart. What works best is the engaging chemistry between actresses Ari Graynor and Lauren Anne Miller. Also, knowing that it is director Jamie Travis’ first feature is reassuring, because he does a fantastic job making the small film feel big and broad, despite its compact and remote setting.
Universal will be »
- Jeremy Lebens
Similar News ItemsJustin Long (I)
- Tusk Is Probably the Most Talky Movie About a Guy Being Turned Into a Walrus You’ll Ever See (From Vulture. 19 September 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)
- Tusk Review (From Collider.com. 19 September 2014, 6:26 AM, PDT)
- 'Tusk's' Justin Long on being a walrus and the 'thrill' of Johnny Depp's performance (From Hitfix. 17 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Universal Studios [us]
- Vince Klaseus Named President of Universal Brand Development (From The Wrap. 8 September 2014, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Update: Universal Names Ex-Disney Svp To Head New Branding Division (From Deadline New York. 8 September 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Universal Taps Vince Klaseus to Expand Studio’s Family and Kids Business (From Variety - Film News. 8 September 2014, 12:13 PM, PDT)
- Fall Movie Preview: September 2014 (From MovieWeb. 5 September 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Bad Teacher (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 July 2014, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' Poster Leaves Jason Bateman Feeling Uncomfortable (From MovieWeb. 10 July 2014, 1:12 PM, PDT)