For a Good Time, Call… is the perfect type of comedy to roll out in an overpopulated summer market or a stuffy fall downfall. It slipped into a limited amount of theaters and gathered enough positive word-of-mouth to expand and build up a respectable name.
The film isn’t the funniest or most clever thing you’ve seen all year, but it hits certain notes flawlessly and others with attempted heart. What works best is the engaging chemistry between actresses Ari Graynor and Lauren Anne Miller. Also, knowing that it is director Jamie Travis’ first feature is reassuring, because he does a fantastic job making the small film feel big and broad, despite its compact and remote setting.
Universal will be »
- Jeremy Lebens
Similar News ItemsJustin Long (I)
- Kevin Smith responds to the negative reviews for Yoga Hosers (From Flickeringmyth. 2 February 2016, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Sundance: Michael Shannon’s ‘Frank and Lola’ Bought by Universal (From Variety - Film News. 29 January 2016, 7:24 PM, PST)
- Frank & Lola | 2016 Sundance Film Festival Review (From ioncinema. 29 January 2016, 6:00 PM, PST)
Universal Studios [us]
- Watch Harry Potter Fans Freak Out After Watching Fantastic Beasts Footage (From Cinema Blend. 3 February 2016, 8:44 AM, PST)
- This Harry Potter Actor Explains Why It's the Perfect Story For Diversity (From BuzzSugar. 3 February 2016, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Top 10 Steven Spielberg movies (From Cineplex. 2 February 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- All Three Franco Brothers Will Unite For The Disaster Artist (From We Got This Covered. 26 January 2016, 10:07 AM, PST)
- Bryan Cranston joins James Franco’s The Disaster Artist (From Flickeringmyth. 19 January 2016, 8:20 AM, PST)
- Bryan Cranston Joins James Franco’s The Disaster Artist (From We Got This Covered. 15 January 2016, 8:21 AM, PST)