Friday was a big day at the box office, with The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Pt 2 and Skyfall holding onto the first- and second-place spots on the charts, respectively, according to early estimates.
The final Twilight installment raked in $17.4 million on Friday, putting it on track for $63.5 million by the end of the 5-day weekend. Meanwhile, Skyfall has become the first James Bond movie to gross more then $200 million, domestically. It earned $14.7 million on Friday, and will have a projected 5-day weekend tally of $49.6 million.
No new movies were able to challenge these two blockbuster franchises. Lincoln held strong with solid numbers, »
- Melissa Maerz
Similar News ItemsThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- 7 Filmmaking Tips from Bill Condon (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 March 2017, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Beauty and the Beast (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 19 March 2017, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- Weekend Box Office Report: March 17-19, 2017 (From JoBlo. 19 March 2017, 11:50 AM, PDT)
Life of Pi (2012)
- Rajkummar Rao Takes Bollywood Acting To The Next Level In Trapped – Subhash K Jha (From Bollyspice. 22 March 2017, 5:23 AM, PDT)
- “I won’t be here for the release of Phillauri”- Suraj Sharma (From BollywoodHungama. 20 March 2017, 11:06 PM, PDT)
- Watch This Amazing “Life of Pi” Scene on Pi Day (From TVovermind.com. 14 March 2017, 5:30 AM, PDT)
Rise of the Guardians (2012)
- Falling DVD & Blu-ray sales, and an era passing (From Den of Geek. 21 March 2017, 2:58 PM, PDT)
- How Alec Baldwin, ‘30 Rock’ and ‘Megamind’ Inspired ‘The Boss Baby’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 March 2017, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Logan box office, Deadpool 2 teaser, first look at Ego from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Justice League footage and more (From Flickeringmyth. 5 March 2017, 2:43 AM, PST)