On Sunday night, in the self-proclaimed "television event of the year", Lindsay Lohan will appear in Liz & Dick, playing Elizabeth Taylor in a movie for the Us cable channel Lifetime about her love affair with Richard Burton.
This is Lohan's first starring role in five years, but the fascination surrounding Liz & Dick has little to do with any hope of a great performance. This, it seems, is the first movie to be explicitly marketed around the disastrous life of its own star, making it an indictment of contemporary celebrity as funny as it is upsetting.
A teaser for the film begins with overlaid clips of TV news audio ("She's young and she's got a bad rap", "Lindsay Lohan, »
- Hermione Hoby
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- Jonathan Bennett Posts Cute Video on Mean Girls Day, Oct. 3 (From Us Weekly. 3 October 2015, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan, Jonathan Bennett celebrate Mean Girls Day (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 October 2015, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan Shares a Nostalgic Mean Girls Oct. 3 Throwback Post and It's Seriously the Best (From Us Weekly. 3 October 2015, 5:38 AM, PDT)
- Q&A with Last Shift Director Anthony Diblasi (From DailyDead. 29 September 2015, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Watch 'We're All Mexican' (From Access Hollywood. 21 September 2015, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Director Shekhar Kapur to act in Adi Shankar‘s Gods and Secrets (From Bollyspice. 18 September 2015, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- What's New on TV, Netflix, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: October 5-11 (From Moviefone. 5 October 2015, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- What Pop Culture High Schooler Were You? (From SoundOnSight. 5 October 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Paging Saturday Night Live: 10 Celebs Who Should Host in Season 41 (From Us Weekly. 3 October 2015, 3:55 PM, PDT)