Actor renowned as the machiavellian oilman Jr Ewing in Dallas
On 21 November 1980, 83 million people in the Us and 24 million in the UK watched the TV show Dallas to see who had shot the villainous Jr Ewing. While working late at the office, the boss of Ewing Oil was suddenly fired on by an unseen assailant. Who shot Jr, and would he survive?
Any character who had ever come into contact with the oleaginous Texas oilman had good reason to do away with him, but there was no way he could really have been killed off. If Jr had died, then the series would have died, because Jr was Dallas – and Larry Hagman, who has died aged 81 after suffering from throat cancer, was Jr.
Other actors were at times replaced in their roles, but Hagman was irreplaceable. Nevertheless, just in case, Hagman quickly renegotiated his contract with Lorimar Studios just after »
- Ronald Bergan
Similar News Items"Desperate Housewives" (2004)
- Sonia Braga joins the cast of Marvel’s Luke Cage (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 2:21 AM, PST)
- ‘Scandal’ Gets Political With Abortion, Planned Parenthood Storylines (From Variety - TV News. 20 November 2015, 10:48 AM, PST)
- Quantico: What's Simon Plotting? and 4 More Burning Questions Answered (From TVLine.com. 16 November 2015, 5:33 PM, PST)
- Bristol Palin Reveals Future Daughter's Unique Name (Sorry, Kristin Cavallari) (From E! Online. 24 November 2015, 8:08 AM, PST)
- Sarah Palin Talks Donald Trump's Success, Louis C.K. Apology on 'Late Night' (From Rolling Stone. 24 November 2015, 7:09 AM, PST)
- Louis C.K. Is Still Really, Really Sorry About Those Sarah Palin Tweets (From Vulture. 24 November 2015, 6:30 AM, PST)
George W. Bush
- Biopics are Topic du Jour, Acting Frontrunners Play Real-Life Figures (From Scott Feinberg. 23 November 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Lauren Bush Lauren Gives Birth to Her First Child With David Lauren, Shares Sweet Pic of Baby (From E! Online. 22 November 2015, 9:48 AM, PST)
- Motorhead Frontman Wishes Death Upon George Bush While Honoring Deceased Drummer (From The Wrap. 13 November 2015, 5:58 PM, PST)