Actor renowned as the machiavellian oilman Jr Ewing in Dallas
On 21 November 1980, 83 million people in the Us and 24 million in the UK watched the TV show Dallas to see who had shot the villainous Jr Ewing. While working late at the office, the boss of Ewing Oil was suddenly fired on by an unseen assailant. Who shot Jr, and would he survive?
Any character who had ever come into contact with the oleaginous Texas oilman had good reason to do away with him, but there was no way he could really have been killed off. If Jr had died, then the series would have died, because Jr was Dallas – and Larry Hagman, who has died aged 81 after suffering from throat cancer, was Jr.
Other actors were at times replaced in their roles, but Hagman was irreplaceable. Nevertheless, just in case, Hagman quickly renegotiated his contract with Lorimar Studios just after »
- Ronald Bergan
Similar News Items"Desperate Housewives" (2004)
- Amazon Studios orders Mad Dogs Us remake pilot (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 July 2014, 2:27 AM, PDT)
- Vanessa Williams Reveals She Was Molested at Age 10 by a Woman (From TooFab. 17 July 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Batman: Assault on Arkham' Opening Scene Eradicates the Riddler (From MovieWeb. 15 July 2014, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Whoopi Goldberg -- I'll Do Sarah Palin or a Dude ... As New 'View' Co-Host (From TMZ. 15 July 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- McCain Adviser on Palin’s Impeachment Talk: ‘Who Cares?’ (From Mediaite - TV. 14 July 2014, 10:27 AM, PDT)
- This Week in TV: Rosie O'Donnell's Return to 'The View' Amps Up the Drama (From Moviefone. 11 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
George W. Bush
- Should artists like Eddie Vedder and Selena Gomez speak out on war? (From Hitfix. 21 July 2014, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Meme: Tyler Posey Hosting Teen Choice Awards, Bender Meets Bart, Kevin Sorbo Butthurt He’s Not In Hercules (From The Backlot. 21 July 2014, 4:35 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Affluenza’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 July 2014, 5:45 PM, PDT)