Actor renowned as the machiavellian oilman Jr Ewing in Dallas
On 21 November 1980, 83 million people in the Us and 24 million in the UK watched the TV show Dallas to see who had shot the villainous Jr Ewing. While working late at the office, the boss of Ewing Oil was suddenly fired on by an unseen assailant. Who shot Jr, and would he survive?
Any character who had ever come into contact with the oleaginous Texas oilman had good reason to do away with him, but there was no way he could really have been killed off. If Jr had died, then the series would have died, because Jr was Dallas – and Larry Hagman, who has died aged 81 after suffering from throat cancer, was Jr.
Other actors were at times replaced in their roles, but Hagman was irreplaceable. Nevertheless, just in case, Hagman quickly renegotiated his contract with Lorimar Studios just after »
- Ronald Bergan
Similar News Items"Desperate Housewives" (2004)
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Nashville, Supergirl, Castle, Flash, Supernatural, Forever, Grey's, NCIS, Jane and More! (From TVLine.com. 30 January 2015, 11:31 AM, PST)
- Mehcad Brooks to play Jimmy Olsen in Supergirl TV series (From Flickeringmyth. 30 January 2015, 5:12 AM, PST)
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan Joins Extant Season 2 as Roguish Bounty Hunter (From TVLine.com. 29 January 2015, 4:00 PM, PST)
- Former ‘View’ Host Joy Behar Returns Bearing F-Bombs (Video) (From The Wrap. 30 January 2015, 10:51 AM, PST)
- Jimmy Kimmel solves #deflategate and Channing Tatum pulls his 'poop face' (From The Guardian - TV News. 30 January 2015, 9:54 AM, PST)
- Best of Late Night TV: David Beckham's NFL Career (Video) (From Moviefone. 28 January 2015, 10:35 PM, PST)
George W. Bush
- Bob Woodward Is ‘Surprised’ at Staying Power of ‘-Gate’ Suffix After Nixon Scandal (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 8:49 AM, PST)
- Michael Moore Fires Another Subtle Shot at ‘American Sniper’ (From The Wrap. 25 January 2015, 2:13 PM, PST)
- Geraldo Rivera Blasts Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi Over ‘American Sniper’ Article (Video) (From The Wrap. 23 January 2015, 9:11 AM, PST)