Actor who found fame as the machiavellian Texan oilman in Us soap dies in Dallas hospital after battle against throat cancer
Larry Hagman, who played one of television's most infamous villains – the amoral oil tycoon Jr Ewing – in the longrunning soap Dallas, has died at the age of 81.
The actor's family confirmed his death after the Dallas Morning News reported Hagman had died of complications from throat cancer in hospital in the city on Friday. He had suffered from liver cancer and cirrhosis of the liver in the 1990s after decades of drinking.
But it was his role as the machiavellian oilman Jr Ewing in Dallas that made Hagman an international star. The soap, which ran for 13 seasons »
- David Batty
Similar News ItemsLarry King (I)
- Stars Attend Poker Tournament Benefiting Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation (From Look to the Stars. 18 September 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Larry King Diagnosed With Lung Cancer, Gives Health Update To Fans (From ET Canada. 13 September 2017, 3:32 PM, PDT)
- Larry King Had (and Beat) Lung Cancer and Kept It All a Secret (From E! Online. 13 September 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman Co-Star Richard Anderson Dead at 91 (From TVLine.com. 31 August 2017, 4:31 PM, PDT)
- Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Tell the Weird, Wild Story Behind ‘Comrade Detective’ (From Indiewire. 9 August 2017, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Tell the Weird, Wild Story Behind ‘Comrade Detective’ (From Indiewire Television. 9 August 2017, 9:31 AM, PDT)
Linda Gray (I)
- ‘Dallas’ Actor Jared Martin Dies At 75 (From Uinterview. 27 May 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Jared Martin Dies: ‘Dallas’ Actor Was 75; Linda Gray Recalls “Beautiful Memories” (From Deadline TV. 26 May 2017, 4:33 AM, PDT)
- Hand of God Gets Final Season Premiere Date at Amazon (From TVLine.com. 15 February 2017, 6:47 AM, PST)