Actor who found fame as the machiavellian Texan oilman in Us soap dies in Dallas hospital after battle against throat cancer
Larry Hagman, who played one of television's most infamous villains – the amoral oil tycoon Jr Ewing – in the longrunning soap Dallas, has died at the age of 81.
The actor's family confirmed his death after the Dallas Morning News reported Hagman had died of complications from throat cancer in hospital in the city on Friday. He had suffered from liver cancer and cirrhosis of the liver in the 1990s after decades of drinking.
But it was his role as the machiavellian oilman Jr Ewing in Dallas that made Hagman an international star. The soap, which ran for 13 seasons »
- David Batty
Similar News ItemsLarry King (I)
- July VOD Releases Include It Follows, Stung, Felt, Dark Was The Night (From DailyDead. 1 July 2015, 7:36 AM, PDT)
- John Oliver To Media: Transgender Medical Choices “None Of Your F*cking Business” (From Deadline TV. 29 June 2015, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- Watch John Oliver Defend Transgender Rights on 'Last Week Tonight' (From Rolling Stone. 29 June 2015, 6:58 AM, PDT)
- Dick Van Patten, ‘Eight Is Enough’ and ‘Love Boat’ Star, Dies at 86 (From Variety - TV News. 23 June 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Dick Van Patten, ‘Eight Is Enough’ Star, Dies at 86 (From Variety - Film News. 23 June 2015, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Is this the worst Pointless answer ever? Watch this contestant's hilarious mix-up (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 May 2015, 2:32 PM, PDT)
Linda Gray (I)
- Social Media Campaign Launched for Dallas (From Boomtron. 7 October 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Dallas' Canceled By TNT After 3 Seasons (From Uinterview. 5 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Dallas Cancelled by TNT After Third Season Finale (From TheHDRoom. 4 October 2014, 10:23 AM, PDT)