Actor who found fame as the machiavellian Texan oilman in Us soap dies in Dallas hospital after battle against throat cancer
Larry Hagman, who played one of television's most infamous villains – the amoral oil tycoon Jr Ewing – in the longrunning soap Dallas, has died at the age of 81.
The actor's family confirmed his death after the Dallas Morning News reported Hagman had died of complications from throat cancer in hospital in the city on Friday. He had suffered from liver cancer and cirrhosis of the liver in the 1990s after decades of drinking.
But it was his role as the machiavellian oilman Jr Ewing in Dallas that made Hagman an international star. The soap, which ran for 13 seasons »
- David Batty
Similar News ItemsLarry King (I)
- Dan Aykroyd Reveals 'Ghostbusters 3' Plot and Casting Details (From Movies.com. 21 May 2013, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Dan Aykroyd reveals plot details about Ghostbusters 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 21 May 2013, 7:44 AM, PDT)
- Dan Aykroyd reveals Ghostbusters 3 plot details (From TotalFilm. 20 May 2013, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman’s Laurence Haddon Dies at 90 (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 21 May 2013, 4:24 PM, PDT)
- Jordana Brewster: It's like Larry hasn't left us (From Monsters and Critics. 10 May 2013, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Dallas: Season Three Renewal for TNT Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 April 2013, 5:19 PM, PDT)
Linda Gray (I)
- Dallas Picks Up Season 3 Renewal at TNT to Continue Post J.R. Era (From TheHDRoom. 1 May 2013, 12:18 AM, PDT)
- Dallas: Season Two Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 April 2013, 5:24 PM, PDT)
- Renewed (From Huffington Post. 30 April 2013, 12:08 PM, PDT)