But if you've got a bottle of wine (or three), and a living room full of other people to share the laughs, the unintentionally hilarious biopic of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton's tumultuous romance could be the perfect way to cap off your Thanksgiving weekend.
From director's chairs on a dark soundstage (apparently from the acting afterlife), Liz (Lohan) and Dick (Grant Bowler) provide a confusingly creepy exposition, punctuating scenes of their decades-long love affair. Which, judging by this movie, was insipid, not sizzling, characterized by overwrought declarations like "I don't need a pool -- I've got a whole ocean in you."
Or, from one of the star-crossed lovers' many rows: "You look at me like you loathe me," says Burton channeling a Basset hound. »
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- The Dailies Podcast: Lohan returns and Sutherland looks away (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 November 2015, 5:22 AM, PST)
- Lindsay Lohan to star in first new movie since 2013's The Canyons (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 November 2015, 3:51 AM, PST)
- Lindsay Lohan Starts Shooting for First Movie in Years (From E! Online. 16 November 2015, 1:24 PM, PST)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Drive-In Dust Offs: Willard (From DailyDead. 21 November 2015, 1:09 PM, PST)
- James Prideaux, Playwright Who Wrote Katharine Hepburn TV Movies, Dies at 88 (From Variety - TV News. 20 November 2015, 5:40 PM, PST)
- 10 Best Actors On American Horror Story (From Obsessed with Film. 20 November 2015, 11:48 AM, PST)
- Watch: First Trailer for Deep Space Psychological Sci-Fi '400 Days' (From FirstShowing.net. 9 November 2015, 10:50 AM, PST)
- 400 Days of Isolation and Containment Begin to Wear Down the Mind in this Trailer (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 8 November 2015, 12:25 PM, PST)
- Defiance: Season Three Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 October 2015, 8:30 PM, PDT)