But if you've got a bottle of wine (or three), and a living room full of other people to share the laughs, the unintentionally hilarious biopic of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton's tumultuous romance could be the perfect way to cap off your Thanksgiving weekend.
From director's chairs on a dark soundstage (apparently from the acting afterlife), Liz (Lohan) and Dick (Grant Bowler) provide a confusingly creepy exposition, punctuating scenes of their decades-long love affair. Which, judging by this movie, was insipid, not sizzling, characterized by overwrought declarations like "I don't need a pool -- I've got a whole ocean in you."
Or, from one of the star-crossed lovers' many rows: "You look at me like you loathe me," says Burton channeling a Basset hound. »
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- This Is What the MTV VMAs Looked Like 10 Years Ago (From Popsugar. 21 August 2015, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Jenelle Evans -- New Mug Shot's Crystal Clear ... Going Back to Jail's a Bitch (Photo) (From TMZ. 21 August 2015, 7:11 AM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan -- Sued Over Unpaid Bills ... From Her Craziest Days! (From TMZ. 19 August 2015, 12:23 PM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- A Unique Superstar: 20th Century Icon Garbo on TCM (From Alt Film Guide. 26 August 2015, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- First official images from American Horror Story: Hotel (From Flickeringmyth. 26 August 2015, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Robert Pattinson Becomes The Paparazzi In This 'Life' Trailer - MTV (From Twilight Examiner. 13 August 2015, 8:07 PM, PDT)
- Review: One & Two, Emotionally Rich And Surprisingly Mystical (From Twitch. 13 August 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- One & Two | Review (From ioncinema. 13 August 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- One And Two (2015) Movie Trailer: Kiernan Shipka has Teleportation Abilities (From Film-Book. 23 July 2015, 1:05 PM, PDT)