Kern Saxton made his directorial debut with a horrific thriller entitled Sushi Girl starring Tony Todd and Mark Hamill, which will have its VOD release on November 27 followed by a limited theatrical run and DVD/Blu-Ray release early in 2013.
Saxton sat down with Dread Central to talk about making this memorable film.
Saxton was asked to describe Sushi Girl (review) for those yet to see the film. "Is it cheesy to say, thrills, chills, suspense, blood and gore?" Saxton joked. "It's interesting because it's a hard film to classify. It's a blend of so many things. We really straddled the line between thriller and horror. It's not truly a horror film, but it does trend that way enough to keep horror fans satisfied. I think that's one of the concepts we had in mind originally to net a broader audience. We said let's get the people who love this genre, »
- Doctor Gash
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight (2008)
- Crosstalk: Should the Oscars go back to having only 5 Best Picture nominees? (From The AV Club. 24 February 2017, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Is the Fantastic Four Dead as a Film Franchise? (From Cinelinx. 24 February 2017, 9:18 PM, PST)
- Film Acquisition Rundown: Neon Picks Up Errol Morris’ ‘The B-Side,’ FilmRise Gets Two Sundance Premieres and More (From Indiewire. 24 February 2017, 7:30 AM, PST)
Mark Hamill (I)
- Star Wars fan art depicts Jar Jar Binks as The Last Jedi (From Flickeringmyth. 23 February 2017, 3:30 PM, PST)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Reshoots Happening This March? (From MovieWeb. 22 February 2017, 4:26 PM, PST)
- Chewbacca's Son in the Star Wars Holiday Special Is Officially Canon (From MovieWeb. 21 February 2017, 2:51 PM, PST)
- Lineup for the Suncoast Credit Union Gasparilla International Film Festival (From LRM Online. 22 February 2017, 2:50 PM, PST)
- ‘Cross Wars’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 14 February 2017, 6:01 AM, PST)
- Danny Trejo Fights an Army of Mutant Pigs in Bullets of Justice (From Dread Central. 6 February 2017, 9:30 AM, PST)