Let’s do the dog show first.
NBC’s coverage of The National Dog Show Presented by Purina was up 13 percent in the overnight household ratings this year, to a 5.3 in the metered-markets. This is the biggest overnight number for the annual dog show in seven years. Among adults 18-49, the show jumped 24 percent and is the highest-rated in six years. So no matter how you look at the numbers, NBC’s dog show earns a biscuit.
Ratings for the 86th annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade are more murky. The most commonly used measurement for morning specials like the parade — Nielsen’s household ratings, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News ItemsMatt Lauer
- Was Bob Costas' Olympics eye infection caused by botched Botox? (From Pop2it. 7 March 2014, 1:31 PM, PST)
- Oscar Arrivals: Can TV Hosts Please Ask About the Movies? (From Variety - Film News. 2 March 2014, 6:59 AM, PST)
- Oscar Arrivals: Can TV Hosts Please Ask About the Movies? (From Variety - TV News. 2 March 2014, 6:59 AM, PST)
- Miles O'Brien Reveals Harrowing Details of How He Lost His Arm to ‘Today's’ Savannah Guthrie (Video) (From The Wrap. 11 March 2014, 7:27 AM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham Jokes About ‘Girls’ Nudity in ‘SNL’ Monologue (From The Wrap. 8 March 2014, 9:11 PM, PST)
- Lena Dunham is obsessed with 'SNL'; Savannah Guthrie is obsessed with 'Girls' (From Pop2it. 7 March 2014, 11:15 AM, PST)