Frontman Chris Martin told concert attendees that the group wanted to make the performance their best ever. "This is the last big show for three years or so," Martin said. "I don't want to stop."
That's not actually true -- the group has a number of arena gigs lined up before their New Year's Eve show with Jay-z. But news that the band doesn't want to perform after those dates is sure to disappoint the band's international fan base.
It seems, however, that the band did go out with the bang they intended. From Billboard:
In the afterglow of this show, an online poll conducted by the local Courier Mail newspaper found almost 1,000 music fans rated this show as the city's best ever stadium performance. Bettering shows by AC/DC, »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsMichael Jackson (I)
- Holiday Music Playlist: 30-Plus Songs to Listen to While Wrapping Presents (From Us Weekly. 20 December 2014, 7:36 AM, PST)
- Conrad Murray -- Crime and Bunishment (From TMZ. 19 December 2014, 7:50 AM, PST)
- Christmas Day's best TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 December 2014, 7:04 AM, PST)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Explores Tantric Sex, Explains Why She Doesn't Like to Have New Year's Resolutions (From E! Online. 19 December 2014, 10:47 AM, PST)
- On the Red Carpet, Emerging Designers Get Shot at Fame (From Variety - Film News. 19 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- What Makes Taylor Swift A Favorite Of The Gossip Table? (From VH1.com. 19 December 2014, 8:15 AM, PST)
New Year's Eve (2011)
- Miguel Just Saved Christmas With These 3 Super-Sexy New Songs (From Vulture. 19 December 2014, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Kate Upton Spotted Makeup-Free at Airport—See the Fresh-Faced Beauty for Yourself! (From E! Online. 18 December 2014, 11:27 AM, PST)
- See Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Sing Swinging Standards on 'The Tonight Show' (From Rolling Stone. 18 December 2014, 6:56 AM, PST)