Every once in a while, "Glee" gets it just right. The combination of singing and bizarre comedy in "Dynamic Duets" works beautifully to give us an episode that manages to be about plenty of issues while still making us laugh at the silliness of it all.
Because glee clubs aren't dorky enough
Sometimes I think these kids want to be picked on. Not that there's anything actually wrong with dressing up in tights and a cape while you pretend to be a superhero. That's kind of cool really.
It is not, however, terribly cool in high school. In fact, it's a good way to have the bullies target you.
But that doesn't happen in "Dynamic Duets." Maybe it would eventually, but the New Directions superheroes are too busy singing, fighting crime, standing up for lunch ladies, getting diagnosed with learning disorders and developing bulimia to notice.
More power to them! »
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Kate Hudson and Her Family Take on the Houghs in a Thanksgiving Dance Battle (From Popsugar. 27 November 2014, 11:40 PM, PST)
- Glee star Kevin McHale's Virtually Famous gets two more series from E4 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 November 2014, 3:29 AM, PST)
- 9 Reasons Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ Is the Best Holiday Song of All Time (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 November 2014, 6:54 PM, PST)
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Glee, Grey's, Vampire Diaries, Htgawm, Jane, Parks, Cougar Town and More (From TVLine.com. 26 November 2014, 7:18 AM, PST)
- 'Interstellar' cinematographer on grounding Nolan's movie and shooting Bond on film (From Hitfix. 20 November 2014, 2:33 PM, PST)
- The 31 Best TV Shows on Netflix Streaming Right Now (From Moviefone. 20 November 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
Dr. No (1962)
- Christoph Waltz Might Be Playing This Classic James Bond Villain, Here's Why (From Cinema Blend. 18 November 2014, 10:41 AM, PST)
- 15 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept To Enjoy The James Bond Franchise (From Obsessed with Film. 17 November 2014, 6:50 AM, PST)
- Christoph Waltz May Be the Next Bond Villain (From BuzzSugar. 14 November 2014, 8:28 AM, PST)