Every once in a while, "Glee" gets it just right. The combination of singing and bizarre comedy in "Dynamic Duets" works beautifully to give us an episode that manages to be about plenty of issues while still making us laugh at the silliness of it all.
Because glee clubs aren't dorky enough
Sometimes I think these kids want to be picked on. Not that there's anything actually wrong with dressing up in tights and a cape while you pretend to be a superhero. That's kind of cool really.
It is not, however, terribly cool in high school. In fact, it's a good way to have the bullies target you.
But that doesn't happen in "Dynamic Duets." Maybe it would eventually, but the New Directions superheroes are too busy singing, fighting crime, standing up for lunch ladies, getting diagnosed with learning disorders and developing bulimia to notice.
More power to them! »
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Dianna Agron, Heather Morris returning for 'Glee' 100th episode (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 5 December 2013, 2:44 PM, PST)
- Glee Sneak Peek: The Cast Performs "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" And It's Adorable—Watch Now (From E! Online. 5 December 2013, 2:18 PM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘Live at the Foxes Den’ (From Variety - Film News. 5 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Sundance 2014: A.J. Edwards’ The Better Angels Leads Fivesome of New Frontier Offerings (From ioncinema. 5 December 2013, 3:25 PM, PST)
- 'The X Factor' Jukebox week: Live blog (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 November 2013, 11:30 AM, PST)
- 'Supernatural' recap: Sam and Dean are ... virgins? Not for long (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 26 November 2013, 7:21 PM, PST)
Dr. No (1962)
- Trailers from Hell: Robert Aldrich's 'The Last Days of Sodom and Gomorrah,' with Sergio Leone as Uncredited Second Unit Director (From Thompson on Hollywood. 4 December 2013, 3:30 PM, PST)
- Doctor Who Profile: The War Doctor (From SoundOnSight. 30 November 2013, 3:59 PM, PST)
- "Not Forgetting James Bond", Autobiography Of Syd Cain, Available In Limited Quantities (From CinemaRetro. 30 November 2013, 6:56 AM, PST)