Every once in a while, "Glee" gets it just right. The combination of singing and bizarre comedy in "Dynamic Duets" works beautifully to give us an episode that manages to be about plenty of issues while still making us laugh at the silliness of it all.
Because glee clubs aren't dorky enough
Sometimes I think these kids want to be picked on. Not that there's anything actually wrong with dressing up in tights and a cape while you pretend to be a superhero. That's kind of cool really.
It is not, however, terribly cool in high school. In fact, it's a good way to have the bullies target you.
But that doesn't happen in "Dynamic Duets." Maybe it would eventually, but the New Directions superheroes are too busy singing, fighting crime, standing up for lunch ladies, getting diagnosed with learning disorders and developing bulimia to notice.
More power to them! »
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming promo art offers first look at Shocker (From Flickeringmyth. 19 February 2017, 5:25 AM, PST)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes Spider-Man: Homecoming sets include a mystery character (From Flickeringmyth. 19 February 2017, 3:28 AM, PST)
- Britney Ever After on Lifetime: Did the Britney Spears Biopic Drive You Crazy? (From TVLine.com. 18 February 2017, 7:27 PM, PST)
- "Star Trek: Discovery" Updates (From SneakPeek. 14 February 2017, 6:56 PM, PST)
- Horror Highlights: Make Your Own Get Out Memes, Fright Rags, It Stains The Sands Red Q&A, Ghost Brothers, 8 Bodies (From DailyDead. 14 February 2017, 6:40 AM, PST)
- Selena Gomez, The Weeknd and More of Hollywood's Hottest New Couples Celebrating Their First Valentine's Day (From Entertainment Tonight. 14 February 2017, 6:00 AM, PST)
Dr. No (1962)
- From The Elephant Man to Harry Potter: John Hurt’s Six Most Memorable Roles (From PEOPLE.com. 27 January 2017, 6:56 PM, PST)
- James Bond’s Q Is a Woman In Real Life, Says Head of MI6. (From Indiewire. 27 January 2017, 12:44 PM, PST)
- Nicolas Winding Refn’s Yakuza Action Feature ‘The Avenging Silence’ Gets Extensive Synopsis (From The Film Stage. 11 January 2017, 1:34 PM, PST)