Every once in a while, "Glee" gets it just right. The combination of singing and bizarre comedy in "Dynamic Duets" works beautifully to give us an episode that manages to be about plenty of issues while still making us laugh at the silliness of it all.
Because glee clubs aren't dorky enough
Sometimes I think these kids want to be picked on. Not that there's anything actually wrong with dressing up in tights and a cape while you pretend to be a superhero. That's kind of cool really.
It is not, however, terribly cool in high school. In fact, it's a good way to have the bullies target you.
But that doesn't happen in "Dynamic Duets." Maybe it would eventually, but the New Directions superheroes are too busy singing, fighting crime, standing up for lunch ladies, getting diagnosed with learning disorders and developing bulimia to notice.
More power to them! »
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- What to Watch Tonight: Franklin & Bash Is Back, Shatner Live in Cleveland, Futurama and More (From TVLine.com. 19 June 2013, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- New international trailer for Riddick (From Flickeringmyth. 18 June 2013, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Afternoon Delight: Melissa Etheridge weighs in on Angelina Jolie's medical decision, Jamie Babbit to be honored at Frameline (From AfterEllen.com. 18 June 2013, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- True Blood Season Premiere Review: “Who Are You, Really?” (Season 6, Episode 1) (From We Got This Covered. 17 June 2013, 2:33 PM, PDT)
- Harry Styles’ Solo Song: The Truth Behind The One Direction Split (From HollywoodLife. 14 June 2013, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- Harry Styles Releases Solo Song: Is One Direction Breaking Up? (From HollywoodLife. 14 June 2013, 9:21 AM, PDT)
Dr. No (1962)
- Why Skyfall Is A Better Anniversary James Bond Film Than Die Another Day (From Obsessed with Film. 4 June 2013, 5:54 AM, PDT)
- Sky Falling For A Second Time (From FilmExperience. 29 May 2013, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2013: 'Jaws' On the Beach and a Fireworks Show Breaks Out (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 May 2013, 5:57 AM, PDT)