Every once in a while, "Glee" gets it just right. The combination of singing and bizarre comedy in "Dynamic Duets" works beautifully to give us an episode that manages to be about plenty of issues while still making us laugh at the silliness of it all.
Because glee clubs aren't dorky enough
Sometimes I think these kids want to be picked on. Not that there's anything actually wrong with dressing up in tights and a cape while you pretend to be a superhero. That's kind of cool really.
It is not, however, terribly cool in high school. In fact, it's a good way to have the bullies target you.
But that doesn't happen in "Dynamic Duets." Maybe it would eventually, but the New Directions superheroes are too busy singing, fighting crime, standing up for lunch ladies, getting diagnosed with learning disorders and developing bulimia to notice.
More power to them! »
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Surprise! These Stars Flew Under the Radar With Secret Weddings (From Popsugar. 24 July 2014, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- Mark Salling, 31, Is Dating Disney Star Denyse Tontz, 19: Sweet Picture, Details (From Us Weekly. 23 July 2014, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- Naya Rivera Is "Telling Everyone She's Really in Love" With Ryan Dorsey, Adopts Hubby's Surname on Twitter and Instagram (From E! Online. 23 July 2014, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Pll, Finding Carter, Sytycd, Rectify and More (From TVLine.com. 19 July 2014, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Nickelodeon Cancels Hit Series Sam & Cat (From We Got This Covered. 14 July 2014, 1:48 AM, PDT)
- Ariana Grande And Jennette McCurdy's 'Sam & Cat' Canceled (From Uinterview. 13 July 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Extant Recap: Crappy Birthday to You (From TVLine.com. 23 July 2014, 8:27 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Director Richard Linklater Kept Going Back to ‘Boyhood’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 16 July 2014, 3:23 PM, PDT)
- The collateral damage of Tom Hanks movies (From Den of Geek. 14 July 2014, 11:38 PM, PDT)