Every once in a while, "Glee" gets it just right. The combination of singing and bizarre comedy in "Dynamic Duets" works beautifully to give us an episode that manages to be about plenty of issues while still making us laugh at the silliness of it all.
Because glee clubs aren't dorky enough
Sometimes I think these kids want to be picked on. Not that there's anything actually wrong with dressing up in tights and a cape while you pretend to be a superhero. That's kind of cool really.
It is not, however, terribly cool in high school. In fact, it's a good way to have the bullies target you.
But that doesn't happen in "Dynamic Duets." Maybe it would eventually, but the New Directions superheroes are too busy singing, fighting crime, standing up for lunch ladies, getting diagnosed with learning disorders and developing bulimia to notice.
More power to them! »
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- CBS Is Making a New Version of Supergirl (From Vulture. 19 September 2014, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- Aubrey Plaza to Voice Grumpy Cat in Lifetime's Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever (From PEOPLE.com. 18 September 2014, 6:20 PM, PDT)
- Casting Net: Channing Tatum to be 'Struck by Genius' in new drama (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 18 September 2014, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- Mark Walhberg Is Still Obsessed With Flash Gordon In First Image For Ted 2 (From We Got This Covered. 15 September 2014, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview With Lindsay MacKay And Julia Sarah Stone On Wet Bum (From We Got This Covered. 14 September 2014, 6:23 PM, PDT)
- A Pigeon Sat On A Branch Reflecting On Existence Caspule Review [Tiff 2014] (From We Got This Covered. 11 September 2014, 9:49 AM, PDT)
Dr. No (1962)
- Joan Rivers' Death: Dr. Lawrence Cohen No Longer Working At Yorkville Endoscopy Clinic (From Uinterview. 13 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Denzel Washington Really Wants To Play James Bond (From Cinema Blend. 8 September 2014, 6:52 PM, PDT)
- See Reddit users’ favorite movie from each year (From SoundOnSight. 2 September 2014, 12:56 PM, PDT)