Every once in a while, "Glee" gets it just right. The combination of singing and bizarre comedy in "Dynamic Duets" works beautifully to give us an episode that manages to be about plenty of issues while still making us laugh at the silliness of it all.
Because glee clubs aren't dorky enough
Sometimes I think these kids want to be picked on. Not that there's anything actually wrong with dressing up in tights and a cape while you pretend to be a superhero. That's kind of cool really.
It is not, however, terribly cool in high school. In fact, it's a good way to have the bullies target you.
But that doesn't happen in "Dynamic Duets." Maybe it would eventually, but the New Directions superheroes are too busy singing, fighting crime, standing up for lunch ladies, getting diagnosed with learning disorders and developing bulimia to notice.
More power to them! »
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Ellen DeGeneres Influenced Gay Rights Views More Than Any Other Celebrity (Study) (From Variety - TV News. 30 June 2015, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Naya Rivera Shows Off Bare Baby Bump While Lounging By Her Pool (From TooFab. 30 June 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Naya Rivera Shows Off Her Pregnancy Physique in a Sexy Instagram (From Popsugar. 30 June 2015, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- Best. Ever. TV. Awards 2015 Officially Begin: Vote for the Best Actor and Actress in a Drama Now! (From E! Online. 10 June 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Review: 'Game of Thrones' presents its most amazing spectacle yet (From Hitfix. 31 May 2015, 8:38 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: Other Angle Rolls Out ‘Lives,‘ ‘Blind Date’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 May 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
Dr. No (1962)
- Nobody's done it better than 'Nobody Does it Better' when it comes to James Bond (From Hitfix. 24 June 2015, 3:20 PM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan: The Hollywood Flashback Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 24 June 2015, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- Are Origin Stories Always Necessary In Super Hero Films? (From Cinelinx. 14 June 2015, 10:16 PM, PDT)