Don't let "Killing Them Softly" get lost in the throng of year-end prestige releases. The new film, from year-end specialists The Weinstein Company, is out on Nov. 30 and has received strong reviews since its bow at the Cannes Film Festival in May. It also stars Brad Pitt and at least three former cast members from "The Sopranos."
Based on the 1974 crime novel "Cogan's Trade" by George V. Higgins, "Killing Them Softly" focuses on a hitman (Pitt) hired to dispose of a few small-time crooks after they rob a local poker game. James Gandolfini plays one of Pitt's onscreen associates, while Vincent Curatola -- better known to "Sopranos" fans as Johnny Sack -- appears in the film (and this new trailer) as well. A third former "Sopranos" co-star, Max Casella, is listed on the "Killing Them Softly" IMDb page.
Despite the fact that Higgins' novel takes place in the '70s, »
- Christopher Rosen
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama (I)
- TV Review: ‘Homeland,’ Season 4 (From Variety - TV News. 1 October 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Eva Longoria & Mario Lopez To Co-Host The '2014 Nclr Alma Awards®' (From LatinoReview. 30 September 2014, 1:26 PM, PDT)
- The Good Wife Recap: Let's All Drool Over Taye Diggs (From PEOPLE.com. 29 September 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt Feels Like "the Richest Man Alive," Calls Fatherhood "the Most Beautiful Thing" Ever (From E! Online. 1 October 2014, 4:20 AM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt: My Kids With Angelina Jolie Make Me Feel Like "The Richest Man Alive" (From Us Weekly. 1 October 2014, 2:14 AM, PDT)
- Gone Girl, Fury, Nightcrawler: 5 must-watch October movie releases (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 October 2014, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Int’l Box Office Update: ‘The Equalizer’ Clocks $19M In Debut; ‘Maze Runner’ Races To $92.3M; ‘Gone Girl’ On Deck; More (From Deadline New York. 29 September 2014, 5:41 PM, PDT)
- San Sebastian crowns Magical Girl (From ScreenDaily. 27 September 2014, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- ‘Maze Runner’ Adds $38M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; ‘Apes’ Crosses $100M In China (From Deadline New York. 22 September 2014, 2:37 PM, PDT)