The nominees for this year’s Möet British Independent Film Awards were announced earlier this month, celebrating the best and most promising talents in the British film industry over the past year.
The ceremony itself is to be held on 9th December, and the joint directors of the awards, Johanna von Fischer and Tessa Collinson, have announced that the recipients of The Richard Harris Award and The Variety Award will be Sir Michael Gambon and Jude Law, respectively.
The Richard Harris Award is held in recognition of an outstanding contribution to British film by an actor, and very much deservedly earned by Gambon, who took over from the late Richard Harris, himself, as Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series. He will soon be seen in Dustin Hoffman’s directorial debut, Quartet, starring alongside the likes of Dame Maggie Smith, Tom Courtenay, Billy Connolly, Pauline Collins, and Sheridan Smith, which »
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Tom Cruise: A Retrospective (From SoundOnSight. 1 August 2015, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Hillary Clinton’s Super Pac Gets $1 Million Checks From Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Haim and Cheryl Saban (From The Wrap. 31 July 2015, 3:48 PM, PDT)
- Cruise Classic: Mission Impossible (From The Hollywood News. 31 July 2015, 5:28 AM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Marvel Phase 2: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (From Cinelinx. 2 August 2015, 7:33 PM, PDT)
- 5 Reasons Why Superman Should Beat Batman in Dawn of Justice (From Cinelinx. 2 August 2015, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- Hot Toys unveils Hulkbuster collectible figurine from Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 2 August 2015, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Film Theory, aniki, Godard (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 2 August 2015, 5:04 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Film Theory, aniki, Godard (From Keyframe. 2 August 2015, 5:04 AM, PDT)
- Special Feature: Forgotten casino classics (From CineVue. 2 August 2015, 2:05 AM, PDT)