The nominees for this year’s Möet British Independent Film Awards were announced earlier this month, celebrating the best and most promising talents in the British film industry over the past year.
The ceremony itself is to be held on 9th December, and the joint directors of the awards, Johanna von Fischer and Tessa Collinson, have announced that the recipients of The Richard Harris Award and The Variety Award will be Sir Michael Gambon and Jude Law, respectively.
The Richard Harris Award is held in recognition of an outstanding contribution to British film by an actor, and very much deservedly earned by Gambon, who took over from the late Richard Harris, himself, as Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series. He will soon be seen in Dustin Hoffman’s directorial debut, Quartet, starring alongside the likes of Dame Maggie Smith, Tom Courtenay, Billy Connolly, Pauline Collins, and Sheridan Smith, which »
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- C'mon, Hollywood: Why exactly did Oldboy bomb? (From JoBlo. 9 December 2013, 7:13 PM, PST)
- ‘Indiana Jones’ Set To Return (From The Hollywood News. 9 December 2013, 11:05 AM, PST)
- Steven Spielberg's Longtime Editor Michael Kahn Tapped for 'Pele' (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 9 December 2013, 10:14 AM, PST)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Jennifer Aniston throws star-studded holiday bash (From RealBollywood. 11 December 2013, 1:26 AM, PST)
- First Look: Robert Downey Jr in The Judge (From Worst Previews. 10 December 2013, 9:48 PM, PST)
- First Image From The Judge Features Robert Duvall And Robert Downey Jr. (From We Got This Covered. 10 December 2013, 6:52 PM, PST)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Naomie Harris keen to reprise 'Moneypenny' role in next Bond flick (From RealBollywood. 7 December 2013, 10:25 PM, PST)
- Nicolas Winding Refn: Only God Forgives director on sex, violence, Beckham (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 December 2013, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Velvet #2 is a Dark, Action-Driven Spy Thriller (From SoundOnSight. 3 December 2013, 6:51 PM, PST)