The nominees for this year’s Möet British Independent Film Awards were announced earlier this month, celebrating the best and most promising talents in the British film industry over the past year.
The ceremony itself is to be held on 9th December, and the joint directors of the awards, Johanna von Fischer and Tessa Collinson, have announced that the recipients of The Richard Harris Award and The Variety Award will be Sir Michael Gambon and Jude Law, respectively.
The Richard Harris Award is held in recognition of an outstanding contribution to British film by an actor, and very much deservedly earned by Gambon, who took over from the late Richard Harris, himself, as Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series. He will soon be seen in Dustin Hoffman’s directorial debut, Quartet, starring alongside the likes of Dame Maggie Smith, Tom Courtenay, Billy Connolly, Pauline Collins, and Sheridan Smith, which »
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- New Who Review – “Last Christmas” (From Comicmix. 26 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Christmas TV movie guide: Thursday, December 25 - Big, Star Trek (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Christmas TV movie guide: Thursday, December 25 - Big, Star Trek (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
Robert Downey Jr.
- The Week in Spandex – Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Shazam, The Sinister Six and more (From Flickeringmyth. 27 December 2014, 2:59 AM, PST)
- Is Iron Man 4 closer than we think? (From Flickeringmyth. 27 December 2014, 2:44 AM, PST)
- Entertainers of the Year, An Alternate Take (From FilmExperience. 26 December 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
Martin Scorsese (I)
- 12 best performances of 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Scarlett Johansson (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Roger Deakins got the biggest compliment of his career for 'The Shawshank Redemption' (From Hitfix. 26 December 2014, 10:56 AM, PST)
- Review: A Most Violent Year (From JoBlo. 25 December 2014, 4:49 PM, PST)