This review was originally posted November 2012; we're re-posting in time for the series premiere.
The genre sure is thriving on television right now, both network and cable. Grimm is a whole lot of fun; The Walking Dead has bounced back from a mostly subpar season 2; Dexter is in peak form and as good as it’s ever been. And now, at least based on the pilot episode, Fox’s The Following can be added to the list.
Created by Kevin Williamson, who also penned the pilot, The Following is a serial killer thriller both familiar and fresh. It effectively repackages customary genre elements while penetrating territory less well-traveled. Add a stellar cast, potent thrills, and a breakneck pace, and you’ve got an extremely promising 45 minutes.
The amount of action and information packed into the first 7 minutes of the show is remarkable and a little jarring. If you miss even 30 seconds you’ll be lost. »
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Max Brooks' Comic Series The Extinction Parade Scores a TV Deal (From Dread Central. 24 April 2014, 11:54 AM, PDT)
- Max Brooks’ Extinction Parade TV Series In Development (From DailyDead. 24 April 2014, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- DVD Giveaway – Win Hustlers starring Paul Walker (From Flickeringmyth. 24 April 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
Kevin Williamson (I)
- Speed Read: Lindsay Lohan's Celebrity Hookup List Is 100 Percent Real (From Popsugar. 18 April 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- The Following, Ep. 2.13, “The Reaping” brings season to new high (From SoundOnSight. 16 April 2014, 7:07 AM, PDT)
- Kevin Williamson looks back at the 'Dawson's Creek' series finale: The art of saying goodbye (From EW.com - Inside TV. 15 April 2014, 5:02 PM, PDT)
- Will You Accept this Invitation to The Following Season Finale Episode 2.15 - Forgive? (From Dread Central. 23 April 2014, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- The Following's Valorie Curry: "Emma Is Joe Carroll's Greatest Victim" (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 23 April 2014, 10:16 AM, PDT)
- The Following season 2 episode 14 review: Silence (From Den of Geek. 22 April 2014, 10:39 PM, PDT)