This review was originally posted November 2012; we're re-posting in time for the series premiere.
The genre sure is thriving on television right now, both network and cable. Grimm is a whole lot of fun; The Walking Dead has bounced back from a mostly subpar season 2; Dexter is in peak form and as good as it’s ever been. And now, at least based on the pilot episode, Fox’s The Following can be added to the list.
Created by Kevin Williamson, who also penned the pilot, The Following is a serial killer thriller both familiar and fresh. It effectively repackages customary genre elements while penetrating territory less well-traveled. Add a stellar cast, potent thrills, and a breakneck pace, and you’ve got an extremely promising 45 minutes.
The amount of action and information packed into the first 7 minutes of the show is remarkable and a little jarring. If you miss even 30 seconds you’ll be lost. »
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Netflix's New Crop of Movies Will Keep You Busy All September Long (From BuzzSugar. 31 August 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Ratings Down In Week 2; Tops NFL Preseason ‘Snf’ (From Deadline TV. 31 August 2015, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Release Date for The Walking Dead Season 5 (From DailyDead. 31 August 2015, 3:40 PM, PDT)
Kevin Williamson (I)
- Wes Craven’s most underrated film, and perfect trilogy (From Hitfix. 31 August 2015, 6:41 PM, PDT)
- Wes Craven Remembered by Bob Weinstein: "It Was a Joy to Listen to Him Talk About Fear" (From The Hollywood Reporter. 31 August 2015, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- Wes Craven Remembered: A Master of Modern Horror (From Variety - Film News. 31 August 2015, 1:37 PM, PDT)
"The Following" (2013)
- Content Media Boards ‘Too Late’; Fortissimo Hears China’s ‘Mountain Cry’ (From Deadline. 26 August 2015, 3:34 AM, PDT)
- Will Arnett Netflix Comedy Series ‘Flaked’ Casts Ruth Kearney As Female Lead (From Deadline TV. 25 August 2015, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Marvel’s Jessica Jones episode titles revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2015, 10:21 AM, PDT)