This review was originally posted November 2012; we're re-posting in time for the series premiere.
The genre sure is thriving on television right now, both network and cable. Grimm is a whole lot of fun; The Walking Dead has bounced back from a mostly subpar season 2; Dexter is in peak form and as good as it’s ever been. And now, at least based on the pilot episode, Fox’s The Following can be added to the list.
Created by Kevin Williamson, who also penned the pilot, The Following is a serial killer thriller both familiar and fresh. It effectively repackages customary genre elements while penetrating territory less well-traveled. Add a stellar cast, potent thrills, and a breakneck pace, and you’ve got an extremely promising 45 minutes.
The amount of action and information packed into the first 7 minutes of the show is remarkable and a little jarring. If you miss even 30 seconds you’ll be lost. »
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- The Walking Dead Podcast Episode 70: “First Time Again” (From SoundOnSight. 12 October 2015, 10:18 PM, PDT)
- The Escapists: The Walking Dead Review (From We Got This Covered. 12 October 2015, 9:19 PM, PDT)
- Jane the Virgin Recap: Got Milk? (From TVLine.com. 12 October 2015, 6:59 PM, PDT)
Kevin Williamson (I)
- Television that Home Video Forgot: The Secret Circle (2011) (From SoundOnSight. 10 October 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- The Originals Premiere: Ep Talks Klaus and Cami's Hurdle, Hayley's Surprising Return and That Twisted Prophecy (From TVLine.com. 8 October 2015, 6:58 PM, PDT)
- Vampire Diaries Premiere: Ep Explains Enzo's Choice, Caroline's Confession and the Salvatores' Future Threat (From TVLine.com. 8 October 2015, 5:59 PM, PDT)
"The Following" (2013)
- Carrie-Anne Moss’ Jessica Jones role revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 11 October 2015, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Marvel releases free Jessica Jones comic, check out a preview here (From Flickeringmyth. 9 October 2015, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- “Fear: Buried Alive” is for real – 3 people to be buried, monitored in TV experiment (From ChannelGuideMag. 9 October 2015, 12:16 PM, PDT)