"We are being very sort of coy about it," Fellowes said at a "Downton" event in London, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "We don't know. We haven't had a commission. But I think it would be pretty odd if there wasn't."
Adds executive producer Gareth Neame, "We hope to have some news in a few days."
Related: Famous fans of 'Downton Abbey'
"Downton Abbey" just finished its third season in the United Kingdom and brought big ratings to ITV1. Fellowes says that counting delayed and digital viewing, the show brought in "just under 15 million viewers." Its over-the-air average was 9.7 million viewers, making it the biggest of the show's three seasons.
A Christmas special is set to air on ITV in December. »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Nick Cave, Terry Gilliam, Kevin Smith Films Among 14 Specialty Debuts (From Deadline New York. 18 September 2014, 8:05 PM, PDT)
- Casting Net: Jack Huston to star as title role in 'Ben-Hur' remake (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 17 September 2014, 5:23 PM, PDT)
- The Guest | Review (From ioncinema. 17 September 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey stars on Carson, Mrs Hughes romance: 'It's always lurking' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 16 September 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- New Downton Abbey Season 5 Additional Spoiler Teasers Dished Out By Castmembers (From OnTheFlix. 15 September 2014, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- Gotham, Peaky Blinders, The Flash: 17 autumn TV shows you will love (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 September 2014, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey series 5 to have cinema screening before TV broadcast (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 September 2014, 4:03 AM, PDT)
- New Downton Abbey Season 5 Second Spoiler Promo Clip Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 31 August 2014, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey: First Season 5 Trailer Features Surprise Hookups, Raging Infernos, Exposed Secrets (From TVLine.com. 30 August 2014, 1:28 PM, PDT)