"We are being very sort of coy about it," Fellowes said at a "Downton" event in London, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "We don't know. We haven't had a commission. But I think it would be pretty odd if there wasn't."
Adds executive producer Gareth Neame, "We hope to have some news in a few days."
Related: Famous fans of 'Downton Abbey'
"Downton Abbey" just finished its third season in the United Kingdom and brought big ratings to ITV1. Fellowes says that counting delayed and digital viewing, the show brought in "just under 15 million viewers." Its over-the-air average was 9.7 million viewers, making it the biggest of the show's three seasons.
A Christmas special is set to air on ITV in December. »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Bitch Stole My Style! Olivia Palermo vs. the Dowager Countess (From E! Online. 1 October 2014, 4:10 PM, PDT)
- First Look: Benedict Cumberbatch In Richard III Adaptation ‘Hollow Crown’ (From The Hollywood News. 1 October 2014, 12:12 PM, PDT)
- John Oliver Calmly Explains Soccer to David Letterman (From Hitfix. 1 October 2014, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey stars on Carson, Mrs Hughes romance: 'It's always lurking' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 16 September 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- New Downton Abbey Season 5 Additional Spoiler Teasers Dished Out By Castmembers (From OnTheFlix. 15 September 2014, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- Gotham, Peaky Blinders, The Flash: 17 autumn TV shows you will love (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 September 2014, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch in 'The Hollow Crown' (From MovieWeb. 1 October 2014, 4:37 PM, PDT)
- First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch in ‘The Hollow Crown’ (From Variety - Film News. 1 October 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- Andrew Scott joins Benedict Cumberbatch in The Hollow Crown (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 October 2014, 5:28 AM, PDT)