"We are being very sort of coy about it," Fellowes said at a "Downton" event in London, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "We don't know. We haven't had a commission. But I think it would be pretty odd if there wasn't."
Adds executive producer Gareth Neame, "We hope to have some news in a few days."
Related: Famous fans of 'Downton Abbey'
"Downton Abbey" just finished its third season in the United Kingdom and brought big ratings to ITV1. Fellowes says that counting delayed and digital viewing, the show brought in "just under 15 million viewers." Its over-the-air average was 9.7 million viewers, making it the biggest of the show's three seasons.
A Christmas special is set to air on ITV in December. »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- TV Review: ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ Season 3 (From Variety - TV News. 22 August 2016, 4:32 PM, PDT)
- Viff 2016. Lineup (From MUBI. 22 August 2016, 12:34 PM, PDT)
- Why Britain’s psyche is gripped by a different kind of royal fever (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 August 2016, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey Creator Shares His Vision for What Happened to the Crawley Estate and 4 More Revelations from the Show (From PEOPLE.com. 23 August 2016, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Jenna Coleman: ‘I’m northern and working class, so people put you in a box’ (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 August 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- PBS, ‘Masterpiece’ Face Life After ‘Downton Abbey’ (From Variety - TV News. 18 August 2016, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Emmy-Nominated Drama Creatives Discuss Submitted Episodes (From Variety - TV News. 18 August 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey: New Movie Talk Following 10 Emmy Nominations for Final Season (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 July 2016, 5:16 PM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey Co-Creator 'Couldn't Be More Grateful' for Final Emmy Nominations (From PEOPLE.com. 14 July 2016, 11:25 AM, PDT)