"We are being very sort of coy about it," Fellowes said at a "Downton" event in London, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "We don't know. We haven't had a commission. But I think it would be pretty odd if there wasn't."
Adds executive producer Gareth Neame, "We hope to have some news in a few days."
Related: Famous fans of 'Downton Abbey'
"Downton Abbey" just finished its third season in the United Kingdom and brought big ratings to ITV1. Fellowes says that counting delayed and digital viewing, the show brought in "just under 15 million viewers." Its over-the-air average was 9.7 million viewers, making it the biggest of the show's three seasons.
A Christmas special is set to air on ITV in December. »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Downton Abbey: Movie Given the Greenlight (Report) (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 May 2017, 7:06 PM, PDT)
- ITV, Masterpiece Release First Look Clip of ‘Victoria’ Season 2 (From Variety - TV News. 22 May 2017, 5:48 AM, PDT)
- Will ‘Stranger Things’ Lead the 2017 Drama Emmy Races? (From AwardsDaily. 22 May 2017, 4:02 AM, PDT)
- TV News Roundup: Epix ‘Get Shorty’ Series Sets Premiere Date (From Variety - TV News. 16 May 2017, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Creator, Star Elizabeth McGovern to Reteam for PBS Movie ‘The Chaperone’ (From Variety - Film News. 16 May 2017, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Creator, Star Elizabeth McGovern to Reteam for PBS Movie ‘The Chaperone’ (From Variety - TV News. 16 May 2017, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Sky Orders Up Second Season of ‘Jamestown’ on Eve of First Season Premiere (From Variety - TV News. 4 May 2017, 3:22 AM, PDT)
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Exhibition to Launch in Singapore (From Variety - TV News. 26 April 2017, 10:27 PM, PDT)
- Carnival Films Hires BBC Studios’ Jessica Pope As Executive Producer (From Deadline TV. 23 January 2017, 7:40 AM, PST)