"We are being very sort of coy about it," Fellowes said at a "Downton" event in London, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "We don't know. We haven't had a commission. But I think it would be pretty odd if there wasn't."
Adds executive producer Gareth Neame, "We hope to have some news in a few days."
Related: Famous fans of 'Downton Abbey'
"Downton Abbey" just finished its third season in the United Kingdom and brought big ratings to ITV1. Fellowes says that counting delayed and digital viewing, the show brought in "just under 15 million viewers." Its over-the-air average was 9.7 million viewers, making it the biggest of the show's three seasons.
A Christmas special is set to air on ITV in December. »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- SAG Awards Put Ensembles in the Spotlight (From Variety - Film News. 29 November 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Ladies of London’s Julie Montagu’s Historic Mapperton Estate Puts Other Housewives Mansions to Shame (From PEOPLE.com. 29 November 2016, 8:27 AM, PST)
- Why Princess Diana’s Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Slept on the Street in London (From PEOPLE.com. 28 November 2016, 8:27 AM, PST)
- Variety’s 10 Screenwriters to Watch Returns to Whistler Film Festival (From Variety - Film News. 21 November 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- The Burberry Christmas advert: soon all feature films will be made by brands (From The Guardian - TV News. 12 November 2016, 12:59 AM, PST)
- ‘Good Behavior’ Review: Michelle Dockery’s Dark TNT Grifter Drama Shines (From Deadline TV. 2 November 2016, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- 'Downton Abbey' Producer Carnival Films Names Joanna Strevens Head of Development (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 2 November 2016, 3:57 AM, PDT)
- Stuxnet: Downton Abbey Producer to Adapt Zero Days Documentary as Drama Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 September 2016, 6:55 PM, PDT)
- Alex Gibney Teams With ‘Downton Abbey’ Producer Carnival on Cyber Warfare Series (From Variety - TV News. 15 September 2016, 9:23 AM, PDT)