He not only escaped unscathed from "Taboo" but came away with one of his four Tony nominations. Considering that musical remains the butt of jokes, it's an indication of his talent. Usually Esparza walks onstage, and the audience starts clapping; once he performs, the reaction is justified.
Then there was "Leap of Faith," a splashy flop earlier this year, from which Esparza is still recovering.
"I have been part of some critically acclaimed glories," Esparza tells Zap2it. "I have been involved in ['Leap of Faith'] for five years and love the music very, very, very much, and the last thing I expected was it to fall apart.
"What Warren did was come in and work with me a little bit," he says of Warren Leight, the "Svu" show runner and »
Similar News ItemsMariska Hargitay
- Emmy Nominations: How Accurate Were Our Predictions? (From Variety - TV News. 10 July 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Good Wife’ Leads List of Emmy Snubs and Surprises (From Variety - TV News. 10 July 2014, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- 2014 Emmy Nominations Snubs and Surprises: The Good Wife, Orange Is the New Black, Tatiana Maslany and More (From E! Online. 10 July 2014, 7:09 AM, PDT)
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999)
- NBC 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 7/25/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 25 July 2014, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- Sunday TV Ratings: Rising Star, Big Brother, Unforgettable, Reckless (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 July 2014, 1:52 PM, PDT)
- TV Ratings: 'Big Brother' leads CBS Sunday as 'Rising Star' dips (From Hitfix. 21 July 2014, 8:58 AM, PDT)
Warren Leight (I)
- Inside the Writers’ Room: Post #7: How To Rewrite and Be Rewritten, Part II (t) (From Hope for Film (t). 23 July 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- Inside the Writers’ Room: Post #6: How To Rewrite and Be Rewritten, Part I (t) (From Hope for Film (t). 9 July 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- Inside the Writers’ Room: Post #5: Collaborative Writing or The Explosion of Storytelling (t) (From Hope for Film (t). 25 June 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)