Again this week, I'm double-posting a major review to permit your comments, which my main site can't accept--although they'll be added to our redesign, soon to be unveiled.
Ang Lee's "Life of Pi" is a miraculous achievement of storytelling and a landmark of visual mastery. Inspired by a worldwide best-seller that many readers must have assumed was unfilmable, it is a triumph over its difficulties. It is also a moving spiritual achievement, a movie whose title could have been shortened to "life."
The story involves the 227 days that its teenage hero spends drifting across the Pacific in a lifeboat with a Bengal tiger. They find themselves in the same boat after an amusing and colorful prologue, which in itself could have been enlarged into an exciting family film. Then it expands into a parable of survival, acceptance and adaptation. I imagine even Yann Martel, the novel's French-Canadian author, must be »
- Roger Ebert
Similar News ItemsLife of Pi (2012)
- Book Review: ‘Inside VFX’ (From Blogomatic3000. 24 May 2015, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- The Indominus Rex featured in new TV spot and clip from Jurassic World (From Flickeringmyth. 22 May 2015, 12:24 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt introduces his pack of raptors in Jurassic World TV spot (From Flickeringmyth. 21 May 2015, 1:51 PM, PDT)
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video (From Deadline. 24 May 2015, 8:22 AM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt apologises for everything he may say during the Jurassic World press tour (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 May 2015, 3:29 AM, PDT)
- 5 Invaluable Lessons that our Youth can learn from Piku (From Bollyspice. 23 May 2015, 9:03 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’ (From Deadline TV. 24 May 2015, 3:22 PM, PDT)
- Gerard Depardieu in Talks for Lead Role in Netflix’ French ‘House of Cards’ (From Variety - TV News. 24 May 2015, 6:07 AM, PDT)
- Cannes Film Review: ‘Two Friends’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2015, 1:01 AM, PDT)