In the film Broadcast News, an oleaginous TV exec asks a newly redundant media worker if there is anything he can do. You know, to help at this difficult time. "Well, I certainly hope you'll die soon," replies his former employee.
Shane Allen's leaving speech as Channel 4's head of comedy was equally scabrous. "The thing about Channel 4 is that you were allowed to go too far, so Shane was taking advantage of that before he went to the BBC," said one guest at the do, at the Comedy Pub in London's West End last month. Some walked out. Others gave him the nickname "Shane Guevara".
Allen, who takes up his new post as the BBC's »
- Stuart Jeffries
Similar News ItemsChannel 4 [gb]
- Ben Cohen joins The Jump (From Virgin Media - TV. 12 February 2016, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Britain’s Weirdest Council Houses review: are these homes hellish nightmares or artistic masterpieces? (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 February 2016, 11:20 PM, PST)
- Brit Takes: Rosie Day on Learning From Sarah Jessica Parker and Tackling Hollywood (From Indiewire. 11 February 2016, 1:30 PM, PST)
"Coronation Street" (1960)
- Paula Lane quits Coronation Street (From Virgin Media - TV. 9 February 2016, 12:47 PM, PST)
- Stephanie Davis vows never to speak to Sam Reece again after toxic love affair (From Virgin Media - TV. 8 February 2016, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Coronation Street's Lucy Fallon dumps boyfriend for fame (From Virgin Media - TV. 2 February 2016, 3:00 AM, PST)
"Big Brother: UK" (2000/III)
- The flip side of instant fame (From The Guardian - TV News. 30 January 2016, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Kevin Lygo to Replace Peter Fincham as Director of Television at ITV (From Variety - TV News. 18 January 2016, 3:34 AM, PST)
- Tuesday’s best TV: Our School; Victorian Bakers; You Make Me Feel Like Dancing; Celebrity Big Brother: Live Launch (From The Guardian - TV News. 4 January 2016, 10:05 PM, PST)