It has been announced that Michael Gambon (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2) and Jude Law (Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows) will be honoured at this year's British Independent Film Awards.
Gambon will receive the Richard Harris Award for his outstanding contribution to British film. He took over Harris' role as Professor Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter film series following Harris' death in 2002. Previous recipients of this award, which was introduced 10 years ago, include Ralph Fiennes (Skyfall), John Hurt (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) and Helena Bonham Carter (Dark Shadows).
Law will be presented with the Variety Award, for helping to bring international attention to the UK. Previous recipients of this award include Kenneth Branagh (My Week With Marilyn), Helen Mirren (Red) and Michael Caine (The Dark Knight Rises). The British Independent Film Awards ceremony will be held in London on December 9th.
Gambon can next be »
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Watch: Breakdancing Zoo Gorilla Could Star in a Flashdance Reboot Right Now (From PEOPLE.com. 23 June 2017, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- "Kingsman: The Red Diamond" (From SneakPeek. 21 June 2017, 9:48 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars’: The Han Solo Movie We Will Never Get to See (From Indiewire. 21 June 2017, 2:37 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy Gets A Trailer Black Panther Style (From LRM Online. 23 June 2017, 3:57 PM, PDT)
- Why Josh Harnett Said No to Nolan's Batman Trilogy (From MovieWeb. 21 June 2017, 5:44 PM, PDT)
- 'Cars 3' Speeds to Weekend #1 as 'Wonder Woman' Tops $570M Worldwide (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 18 June 2017, 8:36 AM, PDT)
- Oscars at the Halfway Mark: ‘Logan,’ ‘Get Out’ and Women Directors (From Variety - Film News. 22 June 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars’ Han Solo Spinoff: Lord & Miller Firing Is Latest in Long Line of Director Exits (From Variety - Film News. 21 June 2017, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- How Kickstarter Turned Hal Hartley Into the Tech Visionary He Always Wanted to Be (From Indiewire. 21 June 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)