Boarding now at Gate C11, destination The Shire, departing at 12:35.
Air New Zealand continues to fully embrace "Lord of the Rings" mania, this time with a Hobbit-themed airport baggage carousel.
Peter Jackson, director of the in-production "Hobbit" trilogy as well as the extremely popular "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, chose to have New Zealand represent the film's Middle Earth setting. Air New Zealand has declared itself "Air Middle Earth," going so far as to produce an in-flight safety video where Tolkien-esque characters instruct you to look for the nearest exit. And now, of course, you can pick up your Baggins at this Bag End.
The first film in the trilogy, "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey," will be released Dec. 14.
- Kase Wickman
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Interstellar, Imitation Game among major winners at Empire Awards 2015 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 March 2015, 7:06 AM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber Roast: Ludacris Speaks Out About "Over the Line" Paul Walker Jokes (From The Hollywood Reporter. 28 March 2015, 11:24 PM, PDT)
- 9 Reasons Why the 'X-Files' Revival Matters (From Moviefone. 27 March 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- Blomkamp's 'Alien 5' May Become 2 Movies or More (From MovieWeb. 7 March 2015, 7:46 AM, PST)
- 12 landmark performance capture turns: From Ahmed Best to Andy Serkis (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 March 2015, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes VFX Breakdown (From ComicBookMovie. 15 February 2015, 12:00 AM, PST)