She's considered one of the best actresses of our generation, and now Kate Winslet has something else to show for it.
The Oscar-winning actress, 37, was given the prestigious Cbe honor for services to drama by Queen Elizabeth II herself during a ceremony at Buckingham Palace in London today, Nov. 21. Cbe standing for Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire -- pretty snazzy, huh?
"The sense of gravity is enormous and you very much feel you are being acknowledged by the whole country in a way," Winslet said on receiving her honor.
Looking sharp in a fitted black skirt suit and sporting a black-and-white feathered hair-piece by Natalie Ellner for Ellsewhere, Winslet chatted with the Queen after accepting her medal.
"It was such an honor to meet the Queen, it was my first time," Winslet said, adding, "She told me that she was delighted to be presenting me »
- Leigh Blickley
Similar News ItemsKate Winslet
- Divergent is not The Hunger Games in Honest Trailers video (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 July 2014, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- See What Big Upcoming Movies Are Premiering at the Toronto Film Festival (From Movies.com. 23 July 2014)
- See Which Big Upcoming Movies Are Premiering at the Toronto Film Festival (From Movies.com. 23 July 2014)
Queen Elizabeth II
- Queen Elizabeth's Royal Ascot Racehorse Fails Dope Test (From PEOPLE.com. 23 July 2014, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Queen Elizabeth II's Winning Racehorse Estimate Tested Positive For Banned Drug Morphine (From Us Weekly. 23 July 2014, 4:17 AM, PDT)
- Prince George Celebrates First Birthday With a Party and Visit From the Queen: Details! (From Us Weekly. 23 July 2014, 1:56 AM, PDT)
The Queen (2008) (TV)
- Prince George Lands First Vanity Fair Cover Ahead of 1st Birthday (From TooFab. 8 July 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Queen Elizabeth Still Takes Her Morning Horse Ride - at Age 88 (Photo) (From PEOPLE.com. 2 June 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Prince William, Kate Middleton and Queen Elizabeth II Heading to France for D-Day Commemoration (From E! Online. 22 May 2014, 8:16 PM, PDT)