Now that Hugh Laurie has officially hung up his stethoscope and has stopped talking in an American accent, he might like to dedicate his time to something other than unlikely blues guitar albums and bad movies that nobody ever went to see.
Well, shiver me timbers: it’s been reported that the former House M.D. star could follow in the footsteps of fellow Brit Ian McShane in playing infamous pirate bastard Blackbeard for upcoming pirate-themed TV show Crossbones. Yes, Crossbones. That’s its name.
Crossbones will be overseen by Neil Cross (ha!), who worked on British TV show Luther. Apparently this thing will be set in 1715 in the Bahamas, where Edward Teach (Blackbeard) rules over the island town of New Providence, which will of course be an utter dive in every respect with all the rape and pillaging you can imagine. Well, maybe not all the rape and pillaging you can imagine, »
- T.J. Barnard
Similar News ItemsIan McShane
- Tune In For John Wick Movie/Keanu Reeves’ Live Global Twitter Event Wednesday, 12pm Est (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 October 2014, 10:06 PM, PDT)
- ‘John Wick’ Review: Pete Hammond on Keanu Reeves’ Killer Film (From Deadline New York. 20 October 2014, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- 'Hercules' Blu-ray Preview: Metal Weapons | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 20 October 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Every 'Simpsons' 'Treehouse of Horror' short, ranked (From EW.com - PopWatch. 18 October 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 11 of the weirdest bootleg DVD covers: True Detective, Batman Begins (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 October 2014, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- IFC Midnight Acquires Dark Summer (From DailyDead. 17 October 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- What's Worth Watching This Week: 'Snowpiercer,' 'Life After Beth,' 'Pee-wee's Playhouse' (From Moviefone. 20 October 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- 58th BFI London Film Festival – Second Coming (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 19 October 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Best New Show Alert! Joshua Jackson Spills Secrets on The Affair (From E! Online. 13 October 2014, 6:46 AM, PDT)