By Joey Magidson
Once upon a time, there was a sort of caste system in place for actors and actresses in Hollywood.
Film and Television were kept as separate as possible, with mobility quite limited and often discouraged. When a performer went from one medium to the other, they were either a TV star on the way up to acting on the silver screen or a film star on the way down, willing to ply their trade on the small screen as opposed to the unemployment line.
Now we know that things have been upended in a big way, as big stars frequently shuffle back and forth. Television is hardly the ghetto that it used to be. And interestingly enough, this awards season features perhaps more former television stars contending for Oscar nominations than we’ve had in some time.
In this year’s Lead Actor category, the »
- Joey Magidson
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Amanda Bynes, Is That You?! #Tbt Ask Ashley—Watch This Clip (From E! Online. 30 July 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- What Hollywood Gets Right (and So Wrong) About Staten Island (From Vulture. 30 July 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- I Am Chris Farley – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 July 2015, 4:06 AM, PDT)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence Jet Skied Together Using the Power of Celebrity Friendship, the Most Sustainable Fuel There Is (From Vulture. 30 July 2015, 9:53 AM, PDT)
- New images from X-Men: Apocalypse (From Flickeringmyth. 30 July 2015, 12:53 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence Would Die In The Arena, According To A Hunger Games Simulator (From Cinema Blend. 29 July 2015, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- New Regency Raises $200 Million in Capital (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2015, 8:08 AM, PDT)
- Proof That Leonardo DiCaprio Is About More Than Just Women and Yachts (From Popsugar. 29 July 2015, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- Podcast: Reviewing 'Southpaw' and 'Paper Towns', Talking Rubes, Adam Sandler & More (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 July 2015, 9:16 AM, PDT)