"Luther" creator Neil Cross is serving as show runner on the series which is set in the Bahamas in 1715. Laurie's Edward Teach is the fearsome English pirate who rules over island town New Providence.
It's a rogue nation of thieves, outlaws and miscreant sailors - and a mounting threat to international commerce. To combat the threat, skilled undercover assassin Tom Lowe is sent to take down Blackbeard, but the closer he gets, the more enthralled with the community he becomes.
Laurie is expected to retain his native British accent in the show which has been given a ten episode order by the network. »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsHugh Laurie
- ‘Rectify’ Creator Ray McKinnon on Season 4’s Exciting Changes and Ending a Series That Doesn’t End (From Indiewire Television. 26 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Rectify’ Creator Ray McKinnon on Season 4’s Exciting Changes and Ending a Series That Doesn’t End (From Indiewire. 26 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Hugh Laurie Feels ‘Imposter Syndrome’ Over Hollywood Walk of Fame Honor (From Variety - TV News. 25 October 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- New poster arrives for thriller Shut In, starring Naomi Watts and Jacob Tremblay (From HeyUGuys. 28 October 2016, 2:22 AM, PDT)
- Watch the blooper reel for Star Trek Beyond (From Flickeringmyth. 26 October 2016, 6:42 AM, PDT)
- Ruth Wilson Gets Haunted In Trailer For Netflix’s ‘I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House’ (From The Playlist. 25 October 2016, 6:43 AM, PDT)
Neil Cross (I)
- Malkovich Is Pot Kingpin In "Humboldt" Series (From Dark Horizons. 27 July 2016, 8:06 PM, PDT)
- Idris Elba talks directorial debut ‘Yardie’ (From The Hollywood News. 14 July 2016, 5:52 AM, PDT)
- Inside Endemol Shine’s Ambitious Plan to Conquer Global TV (From Variety - TV News. 29 March 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)