"Luther" creator Neil Cross is serving as show runner on the series which is set in the Bahamas in 1715. Laurie's Edward Teach is the fearsome English pirate who rules over island town New Providence.
It's a rogue nation of thieves, outlaws and miscreant sailors - and a mounting threat to international commerce. To combat the threat, skilled undercover assassin Tom Lowe is sent to take down Blackbeard, but the closer he gets, the more enthralled with the community he becomes.
Laurie is expected to retain his native British accent in the show which has been given a ten episode order by the network. »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsHugh Laurie
- I'm Still Not Over... House and Cuddy's terrible relationship (From EW.com - PopWatch. 28 July 2014, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- 10 Creepiest Fan Fiction Stories (From Obsessed with Film. 23 July 2014, 2:06 AM, PDT)
- Ruffalo Wants To Get Rumpled For ‘Columbo’ (From The Hollywood News. 18 July 2014, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Christopher Walken and Giancarlo Esposito join Disney’s The Jungle Book (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2014, 11:29 AM, PDT)
- New poster for No Good Deed starring Idris Elba (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2014, 10:59 AM, PDT)
- Idris Elba eyes Guy Ritchie's Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 22 July 2014, 7:02 AM, PDT)
Neil Cross (I)
- ‘Crossbones’ Gives Antoinette a Voice (From Screen Rant. 19 July 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Emmy Nominations Include The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story (From DailyDead. 10 July 2014, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Full list of nominations for the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards (From Flickeringmyth. 10 July 2014, 7:25 AM, PDT)