Naturally, the trailer for the second season of Smash is chock full of unintentional hilarity, but that shouldn't stop anyone from embracing its unprecedented level of wackiness. Every Debra Messing glare is more high-octane than the last. Every Katharine McPhee line-reading is both melodramatic and sincere. And best of all, Jennifer Hudson appears to be sweeping in to prove 1) that, for an Oscar winner, she doesn't even mind being a mediocre actress, and 2) acting chops don't matter! This is Smash, darling! The world series of imperfectness!
Other important notes.
1) Eileen Rand, I can't believe you just said, "Someone tipped off the government about the money I've been using to finance the show." Ha! I mean, of course I can believe you said that, but still. Can't believe it.
2) Megan Hilty, sing out!
3) Who can handle it when Debra Messing coos, "You might just get a second chance"? The look on her face is so. »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Hudson (I)
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Doctor Is Out, Ben Affleck on SNL, Simpsons Finale and More (From TVLine.com. 18 May 2013, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Preakness 2013: Orb One Step Closer To Winning Triple Crown (From HollywoodLife. 18 May 2013, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- American Idol: Candice Glover & Kree Harrison Reflect on Finale and Friendship (From PEOPLE.com. 17 May 2013, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- The AfterEllen Huddle: Which 2013 TV cancellation hurt the most? (From AfterEllen.com. 17 May 2013, 11:57 AM, PDT)
- Women Created Shows That Have Been Canceled (From Indiewire Television. 17 May 2013, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- LinkoManiac (From FilmExperience. 16 May 2013, 3:28 PM, PDT)
- Nick Offerman On Role He Almost Got On 'Will & Grace' (From Huffington Post. 16 May 2013, 4:55 AM, PDT)
- Do Stage Actors Have A Future On TV? (From Huffington Post. 15 May 2013, 10:14 AM, PDT)
- Smash: Debra Messing and Megan Hilty Give Us Series Finale Scoop and a Message to Fans (From E! Online. 15 May 2013, 7:59 AM, PDT)