The guardianship case surrounding the custody of "Modern Family" actress Ariel Winter has gone back to court today, and a judge is currently determining whether she should stay with her sister, actress Shanelle Gray, return to the custody of her mother, Chrisoula Workman, or potentially have another guardian appointed.
The case first came to light earlier this month after TMZ discovered the Oct. 3 hearing that removed Winter from her mother's home because of physical and emotional abuse allegations. She has stayed with her sister ever since, but the story continued to make headlines due to Workman's continued denials of the abuse. Workman revealed that she caught her 14-year-old daughter having sex with her 18-year-old boyfriend, and claims that is a reason why Winter is trying to be removed from her custody. Winter and the boyfriend, Cameron Palatas, have since broken up.
The L.A. County Department of Children and Family »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/11/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 11 December 2013, 8:50 PM, PST)
- Announcing the 2014 SAG Award Nominees (From BuzzSugar. 11 December 2013, 4:45 PM, PST)
- 2014 Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations announced (From Flickeringmyth. 11 December 2013, 1:08 PM, PST)
- Ariel Winter -- Mother Says Ariel Accused Her of Sexual Abuse (From TMZ. 12 September 2013, 3:47 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter's Mom Denied Custody of Modern Family Star (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 1 August 2013, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter's Mom Loses Bid to Regain Custody of Modern Family Star (From PEOPLE.com. 31 July 2013, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- ’12 Years a Slave,’ ‘Breaking Bad’ Lead SAG Nominations (From Variety - Film News. 11 December 2013, 10:34 AM, PST)
- SAG Award Nominations Are In- Who Got In? Who Got Snubbed? (From LatinoReview. 11 December 2013, 8:34 AM, PST)
- Modern Family Review: “The Big Game” (Season 5, Episode 9) (From We Got This Covered. 5 December 2013, 9:22 AM, PST)