The guardianship case surrounding the custody of "Modern Family" actress Ariel Winter has gone back to court today, and a judge is currently determining whether she should stay with her sister, actress Shanelle Gray, return to the custody of her mother, Chrisoula Workman, or potentially have another guardian appointed.
The case first came to light earlier this month after TMZ discovered the Oct. 3 hearing that removed Winter from her mother's home because of physical and emotional abuse allegations. She has stayed with her sister ever since, but the story continued to make headlines due to Workman's continued denials of the abuse. Workman revealed that she caught her 14-year-old daughter having sex with her 18-year-old boyfriend, and claims that is a reason why Winter is trying to be removed from her custody. Winter and the boyfriend, Cameron Palatas, have since broken up.
The L.A. County Department of Children and Family »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- My 2014 Emmy pipe dream: 5 long-shot Comedy nominations that should happen (From SoundOnSight. 9 July 2014, 4:29 PM, PDT)
- Lol! Jesse Tyler Ferguson Jokes That He Dated Joe Manganiello Before Sofia Vergara (From E! Online. 9 July 2014, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Nominations: TheWrap Picks Dream Contenders for Outstanding Drama Series (From The Wrap. 9 July 2014, 2:47 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter -- Mother Says Ariel Accused Her of Sexual Abuse (From TMZ. 12 September 2013, 3:47 PM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter's Mom Denied Custody of Modern Family Star (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 1 August 2013, 7:02 AM, PDT)
- Ariel Winter's Mom Loses Bid to Regain Custody of Modern Family Star (From PEOPLE.com. 31 July 2013, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD Coming October 14th (From MovieWeb. 23 June 2014, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- Mr. Peabody and Sherman Headed to Blu-ray 3D Combo on October 14 (From TheHDRoom. 19 June 2014, 8:57 PM, PDT)
- Music Holds Key to Educational Impact of Top Kids’ Programming (From Variety - TV News. 19 June 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)