The guardianship case surrounding the custody of "Modern Family" actress Ariel Winter has gone back to court today, and a judge is currently determining whether she should stay with her sister, actress Shanelle Gray, return to the custody of her mother, Chrisoula Workman, or potentially have another guardian appointed.
The case first came to light earlier this month after TMZ discovered the Oct. 3 hearing that removed Winter from her mother's home because of physical and emotional abuse allegations. She has stayed with her sister ever since, but the story continued to make headlines due to Workman's continued denials of the abuse. Workman revealed that she caught her 14-year-old daughter having sex with her 18-year-old boyfriend, and claims that is a reason why Winter is trying to be removed from her custody. Winter and the boyfriend, Cameron Palatas, have since broken up.
The L.A. County Department of Children and Family »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- ABC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 9/27/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 September 2016, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Transgender Child Actor To Guest Star On ‘Modern Family’ (From ET Canada. 27 September 2016, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Modern Family to Feature First Openly Transgender Child Actor on TV (From PEOPLE.com. 27 September 2016, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- Modern Family: Season Eight Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 September 2016, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- 5 Unwritten Rules for Wearing Sequins on the Red Carpet (From E! Online. 19 September 2016, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- The Best and Worst Dressed Stars at the 2016 Primetime Emmy Awards (From Variety - TV News. 19 September 2016, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Watch a clip from tonight’s episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – ‘Paradise Lost’ (From Flickeringmyth. 12 April 2016, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Watch a clip from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3 episode 16 – ‘Paradise Lost’ (From Flickeringmyth. 7 April 2016, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Footage From "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Paradise Lost" (From SneakPeek. 6 April 2016, 12:35 PM, PDT)