You can't even bring a pair of scissors on a plane, but Flaming Lips singer Wayne Coyne didn't think anything of packing a grenade in his carry-on baggage.
TMZ reports the 51-year-old singer shut down Will Rogers airport in Oklahoma on Nov. 10 after his luggage triggered an alarm. According to the police report, he told the Tsa the grenade was dead, but the Tsa followed protocol and shut down the airport while they figured out the situation.
According to Fuse, the singer and his wife were headed to Los Angeles to see previews of his band's new musical "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots," and told the police he was given the grenade as a joke at a party.
It should be noted that grenades, along with fireworks, dynamite and other explosives are specifically prohibited from being packed in carry-on or checked luggage.
The singer later tweeted an apology to anyone »
- Stephanie Marcus
Similar News ItemsWayne Coyne
- Miley Cyrus Wears Pot-Leaf Pasties, Kisses Girlfriend at Wayne Coyne's Crazy Holiday Party -- See the Insane Pics (From Us Weekly. 23 December 2014, 1:25 AM, PST)
- The Miami Market Report: A Sales Recap (From Vulture. 19 December 2014, 2:28 PM, PST)
- Miley Cyrus Parties in Disco Ball Pasties with Boyfriend Patrick Schwarzenegger (From Entertainment Tonight. 4 December 2014, 10:43 AM, PST)
Will Rogers (I)
- Jim Gianopulos Selected for Will Rogers Foundation Honor (From Variety - Film News. 23 December 2014, 12:50 PM, PST)
- Jim Gianopulos to receive CinemaCon Pioneer honour (From ScreenDaily. 23 December 2014, 12:20 PM, PST)
- 'Willy Wonka,' 'Saving Private Ryan,' 'Big Lebowski' added to National Film Registry (From Hitfix. 17 December 2014, 6:57 AM, PST)