You can't even bring a pair of scissors on a plane, but Flaming Lips singer Wayne Coyne didn't think anything of packing a grenade in his carry-on baggage.
TMZ reports the 51-year-old singer shut down Will Rogers airport in Oklahoma on Nov. 10 after his luggage triggered an alarm. According to the police report, he told the Tsa the grenade was dead, but the Tsa followed protocol and shut down the airport while they figured out the situation.
According to Fuse, the singer and his wife were headed to Los Angeles to see previews of his band's new musical "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots," and told the police he was given the grenade as a joke at a party.
It should be noted that grenades, along with fireworks, dynamite and other explosives are specifically prohibited from being packed in carry-on or checked luggage.
The singer later tweeted an apology to anyone »
- Stephanie Marcus
Similar News ItemsWayne Coyne
- Watch The Flaming Lips Cover Bowie, Play Pictionary On 'Jimmy Fallon' (t) (From TVology (t). 16 May 2013, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Watch a very very Nsfw Flaming Lips video for 'You Lust' (From Hitfix. 2 May 2013, 5:41 PM, PDT)
- Catch-up TV guide: from Adventure Time to All Songs Considered (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 April 2013, 10:00 PM, PDT)
Will Rogers (I)
- Was The John Williams Reveal The First Act Of The New J.J. Abrams? (From MTV Movies Blog. 1 May 2013, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- CinemaCon: Kathleen Kennedy Honored With Pioneer of the Year Award (From The Hollywood Reporter. 17 April 2013, 10:25 PM, PDT)
- 'Leave It To Beaver' Star Dies At 71 (From Huffington Post. 15 April 2013, 11:14 AM, PDT)