What’s the best way to repair a botched “meet the parents” dinner? If you’re Castle writers, you let your headlining couple get called away to a murder and have them spend the rest of the hour on the run from a pack of ruthless mobsters. Throw in a plot twist or two and some warm fuzzies at the end and you’ve got an episode as satisfying as a full belly after Thanksgiving dinner.
As cliché as the token joint family dinner is at the beginning, Martha (Susan Sullivan) and Jim (Scott Paulin) make it more than bearable. Their keen timing and sly digs are enough to make anyone who has ever been in Castle (Nathan Fillion) and Beckett’s (Stana Katic) shoes wish they could have dashed off to a crime scene too. It’s an ...
Click to continue reading ‘Castle’ Season 5, Episode 8: ‘After Hours’ Review »
- Heather Donmoyer
Similar News ItemsNathan Fillion
- ‘Waitress’: A Portrait of Motherhood with Rare and Refreshing Depth (From The Film Stage. 25 May 2017, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Nathan Fillion Cameo Posters Revealed (From MovieWeb. 25 May 2017, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Flickering Myth Podcast #69 – Justice League director steps down, Tom Hardy announced for Spider-Man spin-off (From Flickeringmyth. 24 May 2017, 10:18 AM, PDT)
- Once Upon a Time: What You Need to Know About the New Henry (From BuzzSugar. 15 May 2017, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Carnival Row: Amazon Orders Neo-Victorian Fantasy TV Show (From TVSeriesFinale. 11 May 2017, 3:11 PM, PDT)
- Teen Wolf Season 6 Part 1 Haunts Homes in July (From Comicmix. 9 May 2017, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- L.A. Screenings: What Seven Major Studios Have on Tap (From Variety - TV News. 23 May 2017, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Would a New Cast and Reboot of Castle Work on Television? (From TVovermind.com. 17 May 2017, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Common, Mykelti Williamson Join Michelle Monaghan’s Drama ‘Saint Judy’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 May 2017, 11:13 AM, PDT)