What’s the best way to repair a botched “meet the parents” dinner? If you’re Castle writers, you let your headlining couple get called away to a murder and have them spend the rest of the hour on the run from a pack of ruthless mobsters. Throw in a plot twist or two and some warm fuzzies at the end and you’ve got an episode as satisfying as a full belly after Thanksgiving dinner.
As cliché as the token joint family dinner is at the beginning, Martha (Susan Sullivan) and Jim (Scott Paulin) make it more than bearable. Their keen timing and sly digs are enough to make anyone who has ever been in Castle (Nathan Fillion) and Beckett’s (Stana Katic) shoes wish they could have dashed off to a crime scene too. It’s an ...
Click to continue reading ‘Castle’ Season 5, Episode 8: ‘After Hours’ Review »
- Heather Donmoyer
Similar News ItemsNathan Fillion
- The 9 Most Important Things to Know About Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (From BuzzSugar. 19 October 2016, 5:10 PM, PDT)
- Must Watch: First Teaser Trailer for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' (From FirstShowing.net. 19 October 2016, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fraud Squad’ Short Film: Joss Whedon Directs Another Biting Election-Themed Project — Watch (From Indiewire. 19 October 2016, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: House of Purgatory director on one of 2016’s scariest Halloween movies (From Monsters and Critics. 20 October 2016, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- SNL Promos: Tom Hanks Talks Outer Space, Sips Mimosas With Leslie Jones (From TVLine.com. 19 October 2016, 5:36 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Blacklist: Redemption’ Spinoff Series Finds Showrunner (From Deadline TV. 19 October 2016, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Castle: Nathan Fillion Reflects on the Show's Cancellation (From TVSeriesFinale. 18 October 2016, 10:09 PM, PDT)
- Producer Sean Hanish Refines Diy Filmmaking Model With ‘Sister Cities’ (From Variety - TV News. 1 October 2016, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- TV's Highest-Paid Actors and Actresses: Who's the Best Value? (From TVLine.com. 27 September 2016, 5:08 PM, PDT)