What’s the best way to repair a botched “meet the parents” dinner? If you’re Castle writers, you let your headlining couple get called away to a murder and have them spend the rest of the hour on the run from a pack of ruthless mobsters. Throw in a plot twist or two and some warm fuzzies at the end and you’ve got an episode as satisfying as a full belly after Thanksgiving dinner.
As cliché as the token joint family dinner is at the beginning, Martha (Susan Sullivan) and Jim (Scott Paulin) make it more than bearable. Their keen timing and sly digs are enough to make anyone who has ever been in Castle (Nathan Fillion) and Beckett’s (Stana Katic) shoes wish they could have dashed off to a crime scene too. It’s an ...
Click to continue reading ‘Castle’ Season 5, Episode 8: ‘After Hours’ Review »
- Heather Donmoyer
Similar News ItemsNathan Fillion
- /Film Interview: James Gunn Talks ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Tone, Social Media, Thanos and Nathan Fillion (From Slash Film. 1 August 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch Guardians of the Galaxy trailer recreated in Lego (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 August 2014, 1:55 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2014 Cosplay Music Video (From GeekTyrant. 31 July 2014, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Castle Season 7 New Disturbing Rick Secrets To Get Revealed,New Spoilers (From OnTheFlix. 1 August 2014, 12:55 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Gotham Casts Mobster Maroni, Mindy Taps Sunny Star & More (From TVLine.com. 1 August 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Did The Strain Infect Voldemort? Is Teen Wolf a Big Bad Tease? Another Sharknado Fish Story? And More TV Qs (From TVLine.com. 1 August 2014, 10:29 AM, PDT)
- Abrams Artists Agency Parts Ways With Joe Rice, Welcomes Jay Schachter and Evan Miller (From The Wrap. 20 June 2014, 11:53 PM, PDT)
- ‘Castle’ Shuffles Showrunner Duties for Season 7 (From Variety - TV News. 16 June 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Casting: Speleers, Freeman, Tunney, Dalton (From Dark Horizons. 17 May 2014, 11:38 AM, PDT)