Development continues on Universal Pictures co-production of a live-action movie musical, based on Mattel's line of "Monster High" dolls, with award-winning producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron ("Chicago') co-directing from a screenplay by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar ("The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor').
The "Monster High" Fashion Line doll series, was created by writer Garrett Sander and illustrator Kellee Riley.
Zadan and Meron said that the new film would be "...'Beetlejuice' meets 'Grease' meets 'The Addams Family' meets 'Edward Scissorhands'..."
"Monster High", the first original toy franchise for Mattel since "Hot Wheels" in 1968, are fashion dolls, with clothing accessories, packaged as the children of famous monsters the likes of 'Dracula' and 'Frankenstein', with names like 'Draculaura', 'Frankie Stein', 'Clawdeen Wolf', 'Cleo de Nile and 'Lagoona Blue'.
The toy brand, first introduced July 2010, includes a wide range of merchandise and entertainment. Products range from "Monster High"-branded clothing, »
- M. Stevens
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- Furious 7 becomes fifth highest grossing movie of all time, surpasses Frozen (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 April 2015, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: 'Furious 7' holds on to no. 1 for four straight weekends (From Hitfix. 26 April 2015, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- Can Minions or Jurassic World beat Avengers: Age of Ultron for no. 1 this summer? (From Hitfix. 25 April 2015, 9:40 PM, PDT)
- NBC Announces The Wiz as Its Next Live Musical, Sets December Air Date (From TVovermind.com. 31 March 2015, 7:43 AM, PDT)
- Musical 'The Wiz' Revived for Both a Live TV Production on NBC + a New Broadway Run (Kenny Leon Will Direct) (From ShadowAndAct. 31 March 2015, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- Dream Casting NBC's The Wiz: Zendaya Coleman as Dorothy, Usher as the Scarecrow -- Who Else Do You Want to See? (From Us Weekly. 31 March 2015, 2:45 AM, PDT)
- Academy Awards dates set through 2018 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 April 2015, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- Academy Sets Dates for Next Three Oscars (From Variety - Film News. 9 April 2015, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood & Broadway: Studios Rush to the Stage Despite Clashing Business Models (From Variety - Film News. 7 April 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)