Development continues on Universal Pictures co-production of a live-action movie musical, based on Mattel's line of "Monster High" dolls, with award-winning producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron ("Chicago') co-directing from a screenplay by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar ("The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor').
The "Monster High" Fashion Line doll series, was created by writer Garrett Sander and illustrator Kellee Riley.
Zadan and Meron said that the new film would be "...'Beetlejuice' meets 'Grease' meets 'The Addams Family' meets 'Edward Scissorhands'..."
"Monster High", the first original toy franchise for Mattel since "Hot Wheels" in 1968, are fashion dolls, with clothing accessories, packaged as the children of famous monsters the likes of 'Dracula' and 'Frankenstein', with names like 'Draculaura', 'Frankie Stein', 'Clawdeen Wolf', 'Cleo de Nile and 'Lagoona Blue'.
The toy brand, first introduced July 2010, includes a wide range of merchandise and entertainment. Products range from "Monster High"-branded clothing, »
- M. Stevens
Similar News ItemsUniversal Pictures [us]
- NBCUniversal, Germany’s Rtl Extend, Expand Movie, TV Series Pact (From Variety - TV News. 20 October 2016, 3:43 AM, PDT)
- ‘Ghostbusters’ Beats ‘Tarzan’ for Top Spot on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Sales Chart (From Variety - Film News. 19 October 2016, 9:50 PM, PDT)
- ‘How to Train Your Dragon 3,’ Margot Robbie’s ‘Larrikins’ Officially Move to Universal (From Variety - Film News. 19 October 2016, 4:56 PM, PDT)
- John Stamos Partnering to Make Cable Drama About 1980s Soaps (From TVSeriesFinale. 16 September 2016, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- TV News Roundup: John Stamos Developing Show About ’80s Soap Operas (From Variety - TV News. 16 September 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- John Stamos Creating New Drama Series About 1980s Soap Operas: 'Boogie Nights in the Soap World' (From PEOPLE.com. 16 September 2016, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- Oscars 2017: Who Will Host the 89th Academy Awards? (From Scott Feinberg. 3 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Oscars So Slow: ABC Plays Waiting Game as Academy Mulls Producer Options (From Variety - TV News. 22 September 2016, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- ‘Better Late Than Never’ Renewed for Season 2 at NBC (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 22 September 2016, 1:55 PM, PDT)