The "Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars" semi-finalists were definitely assigned some "offbeat" routines this week -- but the most bizarre was probably Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough's "Knight Rider" bhangra.
They earned a perfect 30 score from the judges for their almost indescribable performance, which Shawn told us backstage only came together at the very last minute.
"This has been the week from hell," she said, "I think for the entire cast."
"We were thrown stuff we weren't used to," added the Season 8 champ about the offbeat routines. "At the semifinal, you really want to take this week to show the world what you're capable of, and when you're given a 'Knight Rider' bhangra, that kind of limits you to what your abilities are. And mentally it shut everybody down."
"As of two days ago we didn't have an Argentine tango [their second routine] or a bhangra," Shawn laughed. "So we kind of »
Similar News ItemsDerek Hough
- 2014 Emmy Nominations Include The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story (From DailyDead. 10 July 2014, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Emmy Nomination Scorecard by Series and Network (From Variety - TV News. 10 July 2014, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- This Week's Best Celebrity TwitPics! (From TooFab. 5 July 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Shawn Johnson (VII)
- Will Meryl, Amy, and Candace sweep top three for the ladies on 'Dancing with the Stars'? (From Gold Derby. 8 May 2014, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Could Terrell Owens Be The First Black 'Bachelor'? (From Uinterview. 6 April 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Could Terrell Owens Be The Next 'Bachelor'? (From Uinterview. 6 April 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)