The "Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars" semi-finalists were definitely assigned some "offbeat" routines this week -- but the most bizarre was probably Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough's "Knight Rider" bhangra.
They earned a perfect 30 score from the judges for their almost indescribable performance, which Shawn told us backstage only came together at the very last minute.
"This has been the week from hell," she said, "I think for the entire cast."
"We were thrown stuff we weren't used to," added the Season 8 champ about the offbeat routines. "At the semifinal, you really want to take this week to show the world what you're capable of, and when you're given a 'Knight Rider' bhangra, that kind of limits you to what your abilities are. And mentally it shut everybody down."
"As of two days ago we didn't have an Argentine tango [their second routine] or a bhangra," Shawn laughed. "So we kind of »
Similar News ItemsDerek Hough
- ‘World of Dance’ episode 8 recap: Ne-Yo mentors the Teams, Derek Hough helps the Uppers (From Gold Derby. 25 July 2017, 9:26 PM, PDT)
- Derek Hough Shows Off His Boxing Skills -- See the Video! (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 July 2017, 3:56 PM, PDT)
- World of Dance: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 July 2017, 8:45 PM, PDT)
Shawn Johnson (VII)
- Dancing With the Stars Emotional Moments, Simone Biles (From PEOPLE.com. 16 May 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Shawn Johnson East on Her ‘Stressful’ First Year of Marriage (From PEOPLE.com. 19 April 2017, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- Katy Perry, Gigi Hadid and More Celebs Who Got Us Good On April Fools' Day (From Entertainment Tonight. 1 April 2017, 9:19 PM, PDT)