One of the most coveted roles in all of Hollywood is that of Harry Osborn, the Bff of Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Sony Pictures held more tests for the role today, with actors such as Sam Claflin (Snow White and the Huntsman), Eddie Redmayne (War Horse), Douglas Booth (Noah), and Boyd Holbrook (Hatfields & McCoys) among those trying out for the role.
We reported last week that Dane DeHaan (Chronicle), Brady Corbet (Melancholia), and Alden Ehrenreich (Beautiful Creatures) were trying out for the part last week. However, the producers are now seeking actors with more athletic characteristics, so it is believed that those actors from last week are not in consideration anymore. Ironically, that trio tested because the studio revamped the role from being more athletic to "dark and edgy," but it seems the studio has flip-flopped their stance.
Marc Webb is directing the sequel »
Similar News ItemsEmma Stone (III)
- U.S. Briefs: 'La La Land' release moves back one week (From ScreenDaily. 25 September 2016, 9:19 AM, PDT)
- ‘La La Land’ Release Date Pushed Back by One Week (From Variety - Film News. 23 September 2016, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- ‘La La Land’ Shuffles Back One Weekend In December Rollout (From Deadline. 23 September 2016, 9:35 AM, PDT)
Andrew Garfield (I)
- The Best Actor Competition... What is Going On Here? (From FilmExperience. 21 September 2016, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Nine movies that popped at autumn festivals (From ScreenDaily. 21 September 2016, 3:36 AM, PDT)
- Stephen King Novella ‘Hearts in Atlantis’ Set for Big Screen (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 September 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
Marc Webb (I)
- Pierce Brosnan Joins ‘The Only Living Boy In New York’ (From Deadline. 23 September 2016, 1:09 PM, PDT)
- Marc Webb Drama The Only Living Boy In New York Adds Kate Beckinsale (From We Got This Covered. 21 September 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Kate Beckinsale to Star in Drama ‘The Only Living Boy in New York’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 September 2016, 3:22 PM, PDT)