The names being bandied about by Academy Award prognosticators as possibilities for this year's Best Supporting Actor trophy include some of the biggest stars of the last 50 years: Robert De Niro, Tommy Lee Jones, Leonardo DiCaprio, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Alan Arkin, Russell Crowe. There's one actor, however, that director Steven Soderbergh hopes isn't forgotten: Matthew McConaughey, the co-star of Soderbergh's "Magic Mike."
According to Showbiz 411 editor Roger Friedman, Soderbergh -- an Oscar winner for directing "Traffic" -- wrote a letter to Broadcast Film Critics that came included in a DVD package of "Magic Mike" delivered on Monday to voters.
"I'm breaking my long standing embargo regarding pleas for recognition because the core creative team of 'Magic Mike' really hopes people are reminded at the end of the year of Matthew McConaughey’s performance as Dallas, which we found completely bananas in the best sense of the word."
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Farahani stung by Scorpions (From ScreenDaily. 21 November 2014, 6:00 PM, PST)
- Saving Virunga by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 21 November 2014, 1:11 PM, PST)
- "Gone Girl's" Rosamund Pike To Receive Major Palm Springs Film Fest Award! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 21 November 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- From Oscar to Paycheck: 10 winners who smartly cashed in on the win (From Hitfix. 20 November 2014, 11:11 AM, PST)
- Kilmer Joins Shane Black's "Nice Guys" (From Dark Horizons. 14 November 2014, 12:24 PM, PST)
- Palo Alto’s Jack Kilmer Will Be One Of The Nice Guys For Shane Black (From We Got This Covered. 14 November 2014, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Box Office: 'Mockingjay' trails previous 'Hunger Games' films with $55 million Friday (From Hitfix. 22 November 2014, 9:57 AM, PST)
- Amy Adams Set to Play Janis Joplin in New Film (From PEOPLE.com. 22 November 2014, 9:10 AM, PST)
- Nolan Talks That "Interstellar" Big Surprise (From Dark Horizons. 22 November 2014, 8:01 AM, PST)