Looks like Guy Fieri finally caught a break! "Saturday Night Live" had planned a sketch to air on Saturday (Nov. 17) that featured the celebrity chef reacting to the New York Times review of his Times Square restaurant, Guy's American Kitchen and Bar.
Unfortunately, the sketch -- starring Bobby Moynihan as Fieri -- didn't make the final show cut. "SNL" did, however, manage to film it during the dress rehearsal. Now, NBC has released the segment for our viewing pleasure.
Need some context before you watch the sketch? On Tuesday (Nov. 13), New York Times food critic Pete Wells published a rather scathing review of Guy Fieri's large but apparently terrible Manhattan restaurant. The review was so bad, in fact, that it went viral, inciting amusement from foodies around the world.
After all, who could avoid laughing at a "blue drink that glows like nuclear waste"?
"Saturday Night Live" didn't need »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- AP Bio: NBC Developing Two Comedies with Seth Meyers, Broadway Video (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 September 2016, 4:21 PM, PDT)
- Alec Baldwin Cast as Donald Trump For Upcoming 'SNL' Season (From Rolling Stone. 28 September 2016, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- The Weeknd and Daft Punk’s ‘Starboy’ Music Video is a Dark and Gritty Journey – Watch (From Indiewire. 28 September 2016, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Saturday Night Live: Margot Robbie to Host Season 42 Premiere (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 September 2016, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- The Secret Life of Pets hits $800 million worldwide, Illumination Entertainment passes $4 billion (From Flickeringmyth. 18 September 2016, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Video: It's Unwelcome Brotherly Love in 'Brother Nature' (From Fandango. 9 September 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Anthony Bourdain And Wife Ottavia Busai End Nine Year Marriage (From ET Canada. 19 September 2016, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- What's the problem with the Doctor Strange trailer? (From Hitfix. 25 July 2016, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Watch Hollywood Reporter's Full, Uncensored Reality TV Roundtable With Mark Cuban, LL Cool J and More (From The Hollywood Reporter. 16 June 2016, 11:17 AM, PDT)