Looks like Guy Fieri finally caught a break! "Saturday Night Live" had planned a sketch to air on Saturday (Nov. 17) that featured the celebrity chef reacting to the New York Times review of his Times Square restaurant, Guy's American Kitchen and Bar.
Unfortunately, the sketch -- starring Bobby Moynihan as Fieri -- didn't make the final show cut. "SNL" did, however, manage to film it during the dress rehearsal. Now, NBC has released the segment for our viewing pleasure.
Need some context before you watch the sketch? On Tuesday (Nov. 13), New York Times food critic Pete Wells published a rather scathing review of Guy Fieri's large but apparently terrible Manhattan restaurant. The review was so bad, in fact, that it went viral, inciting amusement from foodies around the world.
After all, who could avoid laughing at a "blue drink that glows like nuclear waste"?
"Saturday Night Live" didn't need »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Chris Evans Is Looking to Settle Down, Victoria Beckham Works Out in Stilettos, Kenan Thompson Is Pregnant (From ReelzChannel. 14 March 2014, 7:09 AM, PDT)
- 'Adventure Time': EW Exclusive! Check out Andy Samberg as a rapping bear on Cartoon Network's finale -- Video (From EW.com - Inside TV. 14 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Zach Galifianakis and Jon Hamm Plan on Keeping Up with the Joneses (From Comingsoon.net. 14 March 2014)
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics – Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on Twitter (From The Wrap. 9 March 2014, 11:14 PM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham Celebrates With Taylor Swift at Saturday Night Live After-Party—Get the Details! (From E! Online. 9 March 2014, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her (From EW.com - PopWatch. 9 March 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Where Do Most Runners-up on Reality Talent Shows End Up? (From Vulture. 7 March 2014, 2:05 PM, PST)
- Jimmy Fallon Premieres ‘Tonight Show’ in New York: ‘I’ll Be Your Host…For Now’ (From Variety - TV News. 17 February 2014, 9:01 PM, PST)
- Scripps Networks 4Q Profit Tumbles 65% On Special Charges (From Variety - TV News. 14 February 2014, 7:24 AM, PST)