Looks like Guy Fieri finally caught a break! "Saturday Night Live" had planned a sketch to air on Saturday (Nov. 17) that featured the celebrity chef reacting to the New York Times review of his Times Square restaurant, Guy's American Kitchen and Bar.
Unfortunately, the sketch -- starring Bobby Moynihan as Fieri -- didn't make the final show cut. "SNL" did, however, manage to film it during the dress rehearsal. Now, NBC has released the segment for our viewing pleasure.
Need some context before you watch the sketch? On Tuesday (Nov. 13), New York Times food critic Pete Wells published a rather scathing review of Guy Fieri's large but apparently terrible Manhattan restaurant. The review was so bad, in fact, that it went viral, inciting amusement from foodies around the world.
After all, who could avoid laughing at a "blue drink that glows like nuclear waste"?
"Saturday Night Live" didn't need »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- 'Better Call Saul' co-star Michael McKean: 'I have to treat it like it's real' (From Hitfix. 3 March 2015, 2:08 PM, PST)
- 2015 Tribeca Film Festival® Announces World Narrative And Documentary Competition Selections (From Hollywoodnews.com. 3 March 2015, 1:45 PM, PST)
- Weird Al Yankovic Considers Changing Name to 'Norm Al' (From Hitfix. 3 March 2015, 1:29 PM, PST)
- Saturday Night Live, Ep. 40.14: “Dakota Johnson/Alabama Shakes” waits too long to actually be funny (From SoundOnSight. 1 March 2015, 12:43 PM, PST)
- Recap: 'Saturday Night Live' – Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes (From Hitfix. 28 February 2015, 8:00 PM, PST)
- Hot projects on Screenbase (From ScreenDaily. 18 February 2015, 1:49 AM, PST)
- Fifty Shades of Grey Breaks Box Office Records on Opening Weekend (From BuzzSugar. 17 February 2015, 11:55 AM, PST)
- The Interview Was Supposed to Include Guy Fieri Solving the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (From Vulture. 17 February 2015, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Local Chefs Have Right Recipe for Food Network’s Global Plans (From Variety - TV News. 10 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)