After an exclusive sneak peek at this years Comic Con, Neill Blomkamp’s highly-anticipated sci-fi thriller, Elysium, has a new promotional image that hit the Internet this week. Set in 2159 where the wealthy class inhabit a space station called Elysium, the poor are left to fend for themselves on what remains of a ravaged Earth. It stars Matt Damon in the lead role of a man forced to become a cyborg in order to leave Earth and travel to Elysium to uncover a cure that will save his life. The image, which features a bald and militaristic Damon, already has sci-fi enthusiasts buzzing.
Elysium was originally slated for a March 2013 North American release until it was recently pushed back to 9 August 2013 due to scheduling conflicts. The film is set for a September 2013 UK release. The film also stars Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley and Diego Luna.
- Laura Grande
Similar News ItemsMatt Damon
- 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Miss ‘Life’ (From FilmSchoolRejects. 28 March 2017, 6:52 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Paul Greengrass to direct Eliot Ness biopic based on a graphic novel (From The AV Club. 27 March 2017, 6:47 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney-Directed Movie 'Suburbicon' Gets Fall Release Date (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 27 March 2017, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- Second Opinion – Dig Two Graves (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 25 March 2017, 4:55 AM, PDT)
- 8 Things We Know About ‘Black Mirror’ Season 4 (Photos) (From The Wrap. 21 March 2017, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- BAFTA La sets 2017 Britannia Awards date (From ScreenDaily. 21 March 2017, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Terminator: franchise has “incredible bright future”, producer insists (From Den of Geek. 21 March 2017, 6:17 PM, PDT)
- Ridley Scott has already has a script for another Alien movie, and plans for Six more (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2017, 10:49 AM, PST)
- Yes No Maybe So: "Alien: Covenant" (From FilmExperience. 1 March 2017, 12:00 PM, PST)