After an exclusive sneak peek at this years Comic Con, Neill Blomkamp’s highly-anticipated sci-fi thriller, Elysium, has a new promotional image that hit the Internet this week. Set in 2159 where the wealthy class inhabit a space station called Elysium, the poor are left to fend for themselves on what remains of a ravaged Earth. It stars Matt Damon in the lead role of a man forced to become a cyborg in order to leave Earth and travel to Elysium to uncover a cure that will save his life. The image, which features a bald and militaristic Damon, already has sci-fi enthusiasts buzzing.
Elysium was originally slated for a March 2013 North American release until it was recently pushed back to 9 August 2013 due to scheduling conflicts. The film is set for a September 2013 UK release. The film also stars Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley and Diego Luna.
- Laura Grande
Similar News ItemsMatt Damon
- Beijing Festival Opens Big, Arnold Schwarzenegger Says He’ll Be Back (From Variety - Film News. 16 April 2015, 6:43 AM, PDT)
- "The Great Wall" Begins Production (From Dark Horizons. 15 April 2015, 6:36 PM, PDT)
- Zhang Yimou’s ‘Great Wall’ Now Shooting For Legendary East (From Variety - Film News. 15 April 2015, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Amal Clooney Goes Casual, Visits Husband George Clooney on Movie Set in Boyfriend Jeans, Biker Jacket (From E! Online. 13 April 2015, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- George Clooney’s Smokehouse Pictures Acquires Film Rights to ‘Three Minutes to Doomsday’ (From Variety - Film News. 12 April 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Florrie Dugger: The downside of growing up with Bugsy Malone (From The Independent. 11 April 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Chappie’ Given PG-13 Cut For Japan Without Neill Blomkamp’s Approval (From The Playlist. 16 April 2015, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- Chappie cut for 12A in Japan - without director's knowledge (From Den of Geek. 16 April 2015, 2:34 AM, PDT)
- '22 Jump Street' Fake Sequels Will Be "Canon" For '23 Jump Street' Says Phil Lord & Chris Miller (From The Playlist. 8 April 2015, 8:05 AM, PDT)