New York -- Ang Lee's best films begin with an initial calmness, a tranquility, which inevitably breaks open and gives way to desire and explosive emotional revelations. In "Brokeback Mountain," two soft-spoken sheep herders unearth a much deeper connection on a quiet mountainside, while in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," the characters speak solemnly, before an epic fight takes them soaring up into the trees like birds.
It's a quality that likely lives within Lee, as well. Meeting with The Huffington Post at a hotel bar in midtown Manhattan on a recent Tuesday morning, the acclaimed director was running on only a few hours' sleep following a press tour of Asia, but he was still immeasurably quiet and patient, happy to answer questions.
"We're about to have some very full days," he said softly, smiling. "It will be very intense."
If Lee and his films possess a rare balance, it »
- Lucas Kavner
Similar News ItemsAlfonso Cuarón
- Joe Manganiello Caught Checking Out Sofia Vergara's Butt Months Before Romance Began: Picture (From Us Weekly. 11 July 2014, 2:50 AM, PDT)
- WB Promotes Music Svp Following ‘Gravity’, ‘Lego’ Hits (From Deadline New York. 10 July 2014, 7:59 PM, PDT)
- Inarritu's 'Birdman,' starring Michael Keaton, will open Venice Film Fest (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 10 July 2014, 7:09 AM, PDT)
Super 8 (2011)
- Director Matt Reeves on how Coppola's 'Godfather' advice shaped his new 'Apes' (From Hitfix. 10 July 2014, 5:10 PM, PDT)
- Elle Fanning To Star In Neil Gaiman Adaptation ‘How To Talk To Girls At Parties’ (From The Hollywood News. 10 July 2014, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Jim Belushi joins The Whole Truth (From ScreenDaily. 10 July 2014, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Don Cheadle’s Miles Davis Movie Tops $325,000 Crowdfunding Goal (From Variety - Film News. 10 July 2014, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- Malcolm X in Dinesh D’Souza’s America: A Dialectical Double-Feature (From Filmmaker Magazine. 8 July 2014, 12:11 PM, PDT)
- Video: Lives collide in new trailer for crowded, crowdfunded 'Reach Me' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 7 July 2014, 8:57 AM, PDT)