Screenwriter Albert Torres ("Henry Poole Is Here," "Akira") has come on board to pen a re-write of the film adaptation of Cole Haddon's 2011 graphic novel "The Strange Case of Hyde" at Dark Horse Entertainment, Skydance Productions and the Mark Gordon Company.
A pseudo-sequel to the classic Robert Louis Stevenson story, the action is set five years later with Dr. Jekyll in prison and allegedly rehabilitated.
Inspector Thomas Adye of Scotland Yard commissions Jekyll into hunting down a new terror, a monster that has been murdering prostitutes and appears to be the product of an improved version of the infamous Hyde serum.
Adding to the complications, it seems Jekyll isn't completely cured of Hyde either.
Source: The Wrap »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsMark Gordon (II)
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick (From Deadline TV. 23 March 2017, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- Shemar Moore Will Return to ‘Criminal Minds’ for Season 12 Finale (From Variety - TV News. 16 March 2017, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- Eric Winter Joins ‘Las Reinas’ ABC Drama Pilot; Nikki M. James In Warren Leight-Paul Haggis NBC Drama (From Deadline TV. 15 March 2017, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Rumor Patrol: Will 'Fast & Furious' Director Helm 'Akira' Remake? (From Movies.com. 27 June 2016, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Rumor Patrol: Will 'Fast & Furious' Director Helm 'Akira' Remake? (From Fandango. 27 June 2016, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- George Miller Turned Down The "Akira" Reboot (From Dark Horizons. 6 October 2015, 8:05 AM, PDT)
Robert Louis Stevenson (I)
- Black Sails: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Five on Starz? (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 February 2017, 12:09 PM, PST)
- Hulu acquires streaming rights to 'Black Sails' (From ScreenDaily. 22 February 2017, 11:04 AM, PST)
- Hulu Acquires Starz’s ‘Black Sails’ (From Deadline TV. 22 February 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)