Screenwriter Albert Torres ("Henry Poole Is Here," "Akira") has come on board to pen a re-write of the film adaptation of Cole Haddon's 2011 graphic novel "The Strange Case of Hyde" at Dark Horse Entertainment, Skydance Productions and the Mark Gordon Company.
A pseudo-sequel to the classic Robert Louis Stevenson story, the action is set five years later with Dr. Jekyll in prison and allegedly rehabilitated.
Inspector Thomas Adye of Scotland Yard commissions Jekyll into hunting down a new terror, a monster that has been murdering prostitutes and appears to be the product of an improved version of the infamous Hyde serum.
Adding to the complications, it seems Jekyll isn't completely cured of Hyde either.
Source: The Wrap »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsMark Gordon (II)
- Helen Mirren Joins Disney’s ‘The Nutcracker’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 August 2016, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- Toronto Film:"American Gods", "Flatliners", "Taken" (From SneakPeek. 24 August 2016, 8:32 AM, PDT)
- Will Ferrell & John C. Reilly Reteam For ‘Holmes & Watson,’ Keira Knightley Lines Up Two New Roles, and More (From The Film Stage. 18 August 2016, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- Rumor Patrol: Will 'Fast & Furious' Director Helm 'Akira' Remake? (From Movies.com. 27 June 2016, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Rumor Patrol: Will 'Fast & Furious' Director Helm 'Akira' Remake? (From Fandango. 27 June 2016, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- George Miller Turned Down The "Akira" Reboot (From Dark Horizons. 6 October 2015, 8:05 AM, PDT)
Robert Louis Stevenson (I)
- Chimes at Midnight (From Trailers from Hell. 26 August 2016, 4:46 PM, PDT)
- Chris Evans wanted for big screen adaptation of BBC series Jekyll (From Flickeringmyth. 30 July 2016, 11:40 PM, PDT)
- Movie News: Chris Evans Touted as 'Jekyll'; Meryl Streep May Join 'Mary Poppins 2' (From Movies.com. 29 July 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)