Last weekend, we said goodbye to the "Twilight" franchise and the final film took the top box-office spot easily! "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" opened at No. 1 with $141.3 million in North America. Overseas, the final chapter took in $199.6 million for a grand box-office total of $340.9 million.
"Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" movie review
My fun interviews with:
Director Bill Condon
The finale now ranks eight on the Top 10 list of all-time box-office debuts with 2009's "New Moon" at No. 7 ($142.8 million) and last year's "Breaking Dawn Part 1" at No. 9 ($138.1 million).
By the way, more males decided to watch the final "Twilight" but it's still a female-driven flick.
Previous weekend's box-office champ, "Skyfall," fell to No. 2 with $41.5 million. So far, the James Bond movie has sold $161.3 million worth of tickets.
At No. »
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Kristen Stewart to Star in an Underwater Disaster Movie (From Fandango. 23 February 2017, 8:19 AM, PST)
- Kristen Stewart in Negotiations to Star in Survival Thriller “Underwater” (From Women and Hollywood. 23 February 2017, 8:03 AM, PST)
- Kristen Stewart to Star in an Underwater Disaster Movie (From Movies.com. 22 February 2017, 9:30 PM, PST)
- Robert Pattinson Signs On For Fourth Year As Face Of Dior Homme Sport (From Uinterview. 25 February 2017, 6:24 PM, PST)
- Lineup for the Suncoast Credit Union Gasparilla International Film Festival (From LRM Online. 22 February 2017, 2:50 PM, PST)
- Robert Pattinson and Fka twigs Make a Rare Public Appearance Together at Lost City of Z Premiere (From E! Online. 17 February 2017, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Star Wars Fan Theory Proves E.T. Was a Jedi? (From MovieWeb. 25 February 2017, 12:14 PM, PST)
- Bryce Dallas Howard announces that production is underway on the Jurassic World sequel (From Flickeringmyth. 25 February 2017, 10:08 AM, PST)
- Running the Maze: "Arrival" and the Cinema of Denis Villeneuve (From MUBI. 25 February 2017, 9:30 AM, PST)