I am so happy The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 finally hit theaters this weekend, because now I won’t have to see another promotional campaign with incessant ads for this awful franchise. At least until they decide to reboot it in six months and tell the untold story or whichever hook they use to get the kids back into the theatre. Breaking Dawn easily nabbed the top spot this week with $141.3 million dollars. That estimate is down slightly from BDP1‘s opening, but who cares? It still made an ungodly amount of money and will continue to do so over the Thanksgiving holiday.
The latest James Bond flick Skyfall fell 53% to the the number two spot with $41.5 million. It now stands as the highest grossing Bond film ever with a worldwide tally of $669.2 million. Domestically Skyfall has grossed $161.3 million and should have no trouble finishing north of $200 million.
- Philip Sticco
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Jeepers Creepers 4 is on the way (From Den of Geek. 29 May 2017, 9:47 PM, PDT)
- Edwards Pt 2: The Pink Panther Sequels and Famous Silent Film Era Step-grandfather Director (From Alt Film Guide. 28 May 2017, 11:17 PM, PDT)
- John Williams Receives an A Cappella Tribute at Harvard — Watch (From Indiewire. 28 May 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Bride of Frankenstein Is Coming in 2019, Bill Condon Will Direct (From MovieWeb. 22 May 2017, 12:02 PM, PDT)
- ‘Still/Born’ Sales Trailer Amplifies the Fear of Losing a Child (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 3 May 2017, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- We Give Birth to the Opening Scene From ‘Still/Born’ (Exclusive) (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 2 May 2017, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Why Swimfan Is the Most Underrated Thriller of the 2000s (From MovieWeb. 28 May 2017, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan Curates BFI Series on the Influences of ‘Dunkirk’ (From The Film Stage. 25 May 2017, 5:09 AM, PDT)
- Jamie Foxx Reveals Oprah Winfrey Staged an Intervention During His Hard Partying Days Before His Oscar Win (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 May 2017, 10:34 PM, PDT)