Brilliant photographer whose portraits were loved by international film stars
Cornel Lucas, who has died aged 92, was the doyen of still photography in the British film industry. Although his pictures were not destined for cinema screens, his artistry and technique were much respected by his film cameramen colleagues on both sides of the Atlantic.
During the 1940s, working at Denham Studios, in Buckinghamshire, Cornel became well known for his brilliant portraiture and as the master of a huge 12in x 10in plate camera, which gave a large negative area, capable of delivering unmatched image quality. When international superstars came to work on British productions, they were invariably photographed by Cornel to create the publicity stills.
- Sydney Samuelson
Similar News ItemsGregory Peck
- The Academy Awards Are 3 Months From Today – March 2, 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 December 2013, 8:33 PM, PST)
- Filmmakers bring Fallout to cinemas (From IF.com.au. 2 December 2013, 5:07 PM, PST)
- George Clooney Has Yet to Meet the Love of His Life (From PEOPLE.com. 2 December 2013, 1:05 PM, PST)
- 'Bound 2' deep dive: Kanye and Kim at the End of the World (From EW.com - PopWatch. 19 November 2013, 1:26 PM, PST)
- Alexa Chung loves Dame Edna's make-up (From RealBollywood. 15 November 2013, 12:37 AM, PST)
- Nicole Kidman a Sexy Bridgitte Bardot for Jimmy Choo (video!) (From TheImproper.com. 10 November 2013, 7:20 AM, PST)
David Niven (I)
- The Bishop’S Wife – This Saturday at the Hi-Pointe – Classic Christmas Film Series (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 5 December 2013, 6:27 AM, PST)
- Kent on Marilyn: 'a totally insignificant little blonde' off-screen (From Alt Film Guide. 4 December 2013, 1:13 AM, PST)
- It’s Parody Time! Our Favourite Spoof Movies (From HeyUGuys. 12 November 2013, 5:51 AM, PST)