Brilliant photographer whose portraits were loved by international film stars
Cornel Lucas, who has died aged 92, was the doyen of still photography in the British film industry. Although his pictures were not destined for cinema screens, his artistry and technique were much respected by his film cameramen colleagues on both sides of the Atlantic.
During the 1940s, working at Denham Studios, in Buckinghamshire, Cornel became well known for his brilliant portraiture and as the master of a huge 12in x 10in plate camera, which gave a large negative area, capable of delivering unmatched image quality. When international superstars came to work on British productions, they were invariably photographed by Cornel to create the publicity stills.
- Sydney Samuelson
Similar News ItemsGregory Peck
- Rosemary Murphy, To Kill a Mockingbird Actress, Dies at 89 (From PEOPLE.com. 10 July 2014, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- Rosemary Murphy, 'To Kill A Mockingbird' Actress, Dies At 89 (From Uinterview. 9 July 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Rosemary Murphy, ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ Actress, Dies at 87 (From Variety - TV News. 9 July 2014, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- Voice of Disney's Pinocchio, Actor Dick Jones, Dies (From PEOPLE.com. 9 July 2014, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Costume Lands At The Academy (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 8 July 2014, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Paris Follies’ (From Variety - Film News. 3 July 2014, 4:19 PM, PDT)
David Niven (I)
- Brit Up-And-Comer Joins David Yates' Tarzan (From EmpireOnline. 18 June 2014, 2:02 AM, PDT)
- The Definitive War Movies: 40-31 (From SoundOnSight. 10 June 2014, 11:20 AM, PDT)
- Martha Hyer, Oscar-Nominated Hollywood Glamour Girl, Dies at 89 (From PEOPLE.com. 10 June 2014, 6:10 AM, PDT)